PDA

View Full Version : Sub-folders for NPCs?

will9k
April 17th, 2020, 19:26
Gents,

Sorry if this has been gone over before, but I have been unable to locate any info.

Is there a way to make sub-folders in the NPC's tab? Putting together a large number of factions and it would be useful to be able to sort them out into sub-folders to keep them organized.

Trenloe
April 17th, 2020, 19:29
Expand the groups list down at the top of the NPCs window.
Click the edit button (brown / button) and then the Green + button.
This will create a new group called "Group 1" - rename it to what you want.
Then drag NPC records to that group.

will9k
April 17th, 2020, 19:39
Thanks Trenloe, but not quite what I was looking for. Is there a way to make a subfolder in "Group 1" as an example?

Dang, you reply quickly. Everyone on these forums have been so nice to work with.

Trenloe
April 17th, 2020, 19:42
Nope - there's only one level for groups.

You could do pseduo subfolders. For example, Adding a "good" and "evil" subgroup to dragons: "Dragons - Good" and another group "Dragons - evil". I know this isn't the same, as these are both top level, but kinda give a similar effect.

will9k
April 17th, 2020, 19:47
Ah, good to know, and a useful trick. Sub-folders might be something to consider for the future, but with so much in development right now is probably not the best time to add anything more.

LordEntrails
April 17th, 2020, 23:21
Note you could do what I do, create a development campaign for all your campaign NPCs. In there make groups.
Then export it as a module.

Then load that module in your 'play' campaign.
Now all your campaigns NPCs are in their own module (which you can sort by) and each is in a group (which you can sort by). Not quite the same, but might get you closer to what you are looking for.