PDA

View Full Version : Map Pin Error

Mortar
April 17th, 2020, 18:55
So new campaign, no extensions.

I have a map set up with map pins linking to reference manual entries (I hate the default size of story entries...too small for me).

Clicking the pin opens up a transparent story window. Clicking the link button on that story window opens up the reference manual entry.

It happens both in FGC and FGU. I noticed the behaviour in FGC first.

LordEntrails
April 17th, 2020, 22:56
Does it repeat in multiple rulesets and without themes? Or is it unique to one ruleset and theme?

Three of Swords
April 17th, 2020, 22:56
Can't help w/ this one. Never heard that.

One thing I can help w/ is story entries. Maybe.

Do you mean the text is too small, or the window itself? If it's the window, as I suspect, then make one entry the size you want, then click all the way through all other story entries from that one using arrows. It will resize all the entries to that size. If you have multiple folders, move an entry into another folder and use that to start and resize all the others in the new folder.

Mortar
April 18th, 2020, 00:15
Does it repeat in multiple rulesets and without themes? Or is it unique to one ruleset and theme?

Can't help w/ this one. Never heard that.

One thing I can help w/ is story entries. Maybe.

Do you mean the text is too small, or the window itself? If it's the window, as I suspect, then make one entry the size you want, then click all the way through all other story entries from that one using arrows. It will resize all the entries to that size. If you have multiple folders, move an entry into another folder and use that to start and resize all the others in the new folder.

Didn't check other rulesets LE. Never thought to as I had never seen this happen before.

Three of Swords, in this case the map ins were linked to reference manual entries but opening up a transparent story window when clicked.

Moon checked it out and responded to me via email...apparently the "reference_manualtextwide" is not usable out side of the reference manual.

I'll just change those to story entries and get this submitted.

Mortar
April 18th, 2020, 00:35
Even better...I am a total idiot and used "reference_manualtextwide" instead of using "referencemanualpage". Problem solved. Time for some serious face palming.