PDA

View Full Version : scripting spell question

Kardock
April 17th, 2020, 18:52
hi all,

preserve life, cleric Healing domain spell, says that he can heal 5 times his level of HPs distributed to whomever he wish.

is there a way to set the spell action so that, after targeting an ally, casting the spell will prompt the caster to ask how many HPs he wish to give to that target?

thanks!

Trenloe
April 17th, 2020, 19:32
Which ruleset?

There are many different RPGs ran on Fantasy Grounds and each can operate differently. Please remember to mention the RPG system you're referring to, or post in the relevant RPG sub-forum.

Kardock
April 17th, 2020, 20:57
you're right, i only play 5e, i presumed that everyone would get it. sorry about that.

but still, my question was about the mechanics of FG, if it was possible to do Something like that, and i believe that this behavior could apply to all systems.

can a spell be scripted to prompt for an amount of damage/healing to be applied to a target?

thanks!

Zacchaeus
April 17th, 2020, 21:14
you're right, i only play 5e, i presumed that everyone would get it. sorry about that.

but still, my question was about the mechanics of FG, if it was possible to do Something like that, and i believe that this behavior could apply to all systems.

can a spell be scripted to prompt for an amount of damage/healing to be applied to a target?

thanks!

No. You'd have to do that one manually. Especially also because of the limitation that it can't heal to more than half their hit points.

GavinRuneblade
April 18th, 2020, 05:47
hi all,

preserve life, cleric Healing domain spell, says that he can heal 5 times his level of HPs distributed to whomever he wish.

is there a way to set the spell action so that, after targeting an ally, casting the spell will prompt the caster to ask how many HPs he wish to give to that target?

thanks!
First, Preserve Life is not a spell, it is a channel divinity power.
Here is an easy way to set it up:
1. Go into your abilities tab and open Channel Divinity: Preserve Life
2. Go to your actions tab and drag and drop the ability there to create a power with the full text of the ability
3. Switch to prepare mode and set the number of uses to 1 per rest, then switch back to standard mode
4. The auto created "heal" ability that appears will cover your maximum heal on a single target (5x level) (you don't do anything at this step, lol, I'm just pointing out you'll see this)
5. Now right click and add action then add heal, and set it to 4x cleric level 33903
6. Add a 3x, a 2x, and a 1x, then a fixed 5 and a fixed 1. At 2nd level33905 (total overkill) and at 20th level33906 (useful) but after you do it once it automatically edits itself as you level up and you never have to change it again.

You're good to go, just apply how much you need to your target in just a few clicks, often one. While this makes a long list, you can close it when you don't need it so it doesn't take up space.

I do something similar with potions of healing, just one power and then an extra heal for each strength value.

Trenloe
April 18th, 2020, 07:57
Moved to 5E forum.