PDA

View Full Version : Feature request- consolidate classes/races/character from multiple books

ThingsCouldGetDicey
April 17th, 2020, 18:24
hi im new here and i wanted to do a feature request. i dont know if that's possible. i'm thinking of switching from roll 20 to here because the way the gm stuff works is far more powerful and intuitive and i dont have to spend ages on api scripts. however i have seen one thing that could be improved in character creation and that's when your picking a class and race or character creation in general. now for new players and for ease of choice. the way its currently setup as far as i understand it is that you have to load each book in and then that gives you several different options of the same class/ race. now if you dont know what you want to be and you want to just see whats available youd have to go through each one individually and memorise which specific choices you'd go with. which i understand is how you read the books. buit for automations sake id prefer it as such.

so my request is this. could you consolidate classes and races and player creation choices. so if someone picks barbarian it just loads all of the books under barbarian and when a player choice is barbarian he/she/they dont have to memorise the correct rule book to find the character they want to create. currently the way its organised is that you see barbiarian and then X amount of books. id prefer the process to be

~Barbarian> all types available of barbarian according to purchased or created content.

same with races.

it would just be a bit more user friendly.

Zacchaeus
April 17th, 2020, 21:39
Hi Things, welcome to FG.

And if WotC ever published a book with just that in it that's what I'd do. But they don't. The races, classes etc are scattered over a number of books. And obviously it would be a severe breach of copyright to include say the subclasses from Xanathar's guide into the PHB and vice versa.

The easiest thing to do for players who are new would be to only share the PHB which will cut down the choices. And then as they get more experienced you can start to add in more of the books.

There is also a character Wizard in the pipeline which will also make this a bit easier to manage.

ThingsCouldGetDicey
April 17th, 2020, 21:47
Hi Things, welcome to FG.

And if WotC ever published a book with just that in it that's what I'd do. But they don't. The races, classes etc are scattered over a number of books. And obviously it would be a severe breach of copyright to include say the subclasses from Xanathar's guide into the PHB and vice versa.

The easiest thing to do for players who are new would be to only share the PHB which will cut down the choices. And then as they get more experienced you can start to add in more of the books.

There is also a character Wizard in the pipeline which will also make this a bit easier to manage.

oh thats not what im suggesting. im suggesting the program organises the books after the classes

and the same with the races.

so if you look at barbarian you only see the books you have purchased and then the options of the barbarian available to you. because you see loads of different books. and for new characters they dont know what they want so if you do have several books its confusing as to which one to load to get the desired result. i just want to make the organisation of how the character creation is made better.

do you understand what i mean?

LordEntrails
April 18th, 2020, 00:21
See the link in Mr Z's signature for the wishlist.

Zacchaeus
April 18th, 2020, 10:21
oh thats not what im suggesting. im suggesting the program organises the books after the classes

and the same with the races.

so if you look at barbarian you only see the books you have purchased and then the options of the barbarian available to you. because you see loads of different books. and for new characters they dont know what they want so if you do have several books its confusing as to which one to load to get the desired result. i just want to make the organisation of how the character creation is made better.

do you understand what i mean?

Not really. Since if you open the class list you will only see the Barbarian listed for any books that are open. Maybe an image might help me understand what you mean.