PDA

View Full Version : Help finding module files

Tulgas
April 17th, 2020, 18:21
Hi all,

I'm trying to ad some new races and professions for RMC, but I can't find the Rolemaster .mod files. If I create a new campaign, I can access the contents of the Character Law, Arms Law, Spell Law modules, but there is no sign of the .mod files (like RMCCharacterLaw.mod) in the modules folder. Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mortar
April 17th, 2020, 18:32
The Rolemaster files are in vault, therefore encrypted and unreadable. DGA80.dat and DGA80-data.dat are the associated files.

Tulgas
April 17th, 2020, 18:44
The Rolemaster files are in vault, therefore encrypted and unreadable. DGA80.dat and DGA80-data.dat are the associated files.

Thanks Mortar. Does that mean that there is no possibility of extending the races and professions? Is there any other way?

Mortar
April 17th, 2020, 19:16
You can use the UI to create any new races/professions you want to, or alter any of the ones included in any of the RM material available. Then export all your work as a module that way you'll have it for any campaign you want to include them.

Dakadin
April 19th, 2020, 02:11
Hi Tulgas,

As Mortar says the files are in the vault now so not directly accessible.

With v2.0 in the test channel it is easy to create races directly in FG. Just go to the Library and turn on the Races sidebar button. Open it up, add a new race and fill in all the fields. You can use an existing race as an example. It will work in the existing campaign or you can export it to a module and use it in another campaign.

You can create professions that way but it won't have the skill costs setup. It is something that I plan on adding in the future so it can be done in the ruleset. Right now you can still do it using XML. There is a sample module with the No Profession profession in thihttps://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30565-No-Profession-Profession&highlight=profession

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Tulgas
April 20th, 2020, 20:27
Thank you very much for your replies. I am usign v.1.8, so I guess things aren't that straight forward. Do you recommend to switch to v.2? I don'r even know how to get it. Is it a different ruleset? I've no problem editing XML files but I only find bits and pieces here and there. I suppose, having the xml files from the CharacterLaw module would help but they are not accessible any more... In any case, I guess there's enough information in the forum to keep me going.

Cheers!

Dakadin
April 20th, 2020, 21:10
RMC v2.0 works pretty good so far. I am cleaning up the last few bugs but most of them are resolved in the current test version. If you want to try it, in FGC click on the Settings button and change the Mode to Test. To try it, in FGU click on the Settings button and on the Advanced tab there is a Build Channel that you can select Test from the drop down.

Also feel free to ask questions if you have them.

Tulgas
April 20th, 2020, 22:57
I will most definitely give it a try. Thanks a lot!

Number6
June 6th, 2020, 15:41
I got the linked no profession mod working for including extra professions, thanks for the example. Is there a similar example mod for adding extra spells?

James

Xen
June 6th, 2020, 16:42
There is a sample spell list here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21567-Adding-Spell-List

Dakadin
June 6th, 2020, 17:31
I got the linked no profession mod working for including extra professions, thanks for the example. Is there a similar example mod for adding extra spells?

James

Hi James,

It is easiest to just add them directly in the ruleset using the Spell Lists sidebar button. They can be exported to a module and used in other campaigns. The next release will fix the issue where they don't appear in the drop down lists on the character sheet spells tab. Hopefully that will go out on Tuesday. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Number6
June 6th, 2020, 18:42
That is spot on, thanks