PDA

View Full Version : How can I add content?

Jpasimio
February 23rd, 2007, 00:34
Is there a way for me to load content into the program? I would like to take a jpeg of a map and load it into my campaign. I would also like to make a picture for my portrait. Is there a way to do this?

Griogre
February 23rd, 2007, 02:58
If you have the full version of FG to add images or maps copy them into the image folder in the campaign you are working on. For example say you have created a campaign called J Campaign and you installed FG into the standard place you would copy your map into C:\Program Files\FantasyGrounds\J Campaign\images.

Portraits go into the portraits folder in the FanatasyGround folder. Portaits should be 63x63 pixels. Portrait files are the one image that is transfered from the client to the host so to use a portait the *player* not the GM has to have it in his portrait folder.

Ged
February 23rd, 2007, 07:51
Portaits should be 63x63 pixels.
A minor notion: the 63x63 size is good because then the data transfer is kept at minimum and no image transformations are required. However any square-shaped image is ok, or any image for that matter, only all images are scaled to a small square resulting in stretching and compression for different aspect ratios than 1:1.