PDA

View Full Version : SFS 2-04: Future's Fall SAT April 25th @ 5.30 PM UTC

stephan_
April 17th, 2020, 12:18
Tier 7-10. The subtier will depend on the players. Make sure to decide on a reasonable subtier.

Be aware the current health situation unfortunately causes some unavoidable unpredictability (Internet bandwidth, ...) and may also cause this game to fill up rather rapidly.

Please schedule around 4 1/2 hours for the game.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 7-10.

A mysterious signal from within the false moon of Salvation's End requires further investigation from a Starfinder team. Inside a newly opened vault, the PCs uncover a gateway into a potential future—a future where the Pact Worlds has fallen into disarray. Meanwhile, an ongoing invasion from an outside force threatens the stability of the entire vault. Only by learning about this theoretical future before the vault falls to ruin can the Starfinder Society hope to alter a future catastrophe.

Written by Matt Duval

Scenario Tags: None

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4607), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet) either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel). If it is your first SFS game, I'll at least need your Paizo Organized Play # and your faction.

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM announcements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Some boilerplate clarifications:

Please apply on the FG forums on both the game calendar as well as in the game thread (if multiple household members are playing, one person per household is sufficient). First, it's easier to tell how many spots are already filled that way. Second, the other players (as well as the GM) know what level and class to expect from your character (if you don't know yet, simply state TBD). Third, you'll get notified about any updates if you post in the game thread (at least about the first one). Fourth, it allows the GM to determine who applied first should it become relevant. Some exceptions might apply.

Also, please be sure to check the thread for new messages occasionally. You don't have to check each and every day or every few hours but please make sure to reply to any posts that do concern you in time. Should you remain unresponsive, I'll give the spot to a player that applied after you (as I won't know whether you are still interested in participating or not). Exceptions might apply, e.g. if you state beforehand that you won't be able to respond due to traveling.

If you apply but don't show up or drop out during the game without notice, in future games I might also give preference to other players who have a better track record of showing up. I am aware though that life and technical problems can always happen, so don't worry if you have a valid reason though.

These rules are not in place to prevent players from playing but in fact to enable players willing to play to actually do so. It's frustrating if I have to turn down players if it turns out they would in fact have been able to play.

SchroedingersCat
April 17th, 2020, 12:28
Ireloss would like to join

Talen
April 17th, 2020, 12:47
Twixx, Lvl 7 Ysoki Operative

duhwoo
April 17th, 2020, 14:04
Otto will cast 'Magic Missile'

stephan_
April 17th, 2020, 14:07
With that one spot still open.

jakemtl
April 17th, 2020, 15:48
Can a pre-gen be availabe to me for this game? I don't think I have anything close to 8th level, but Stephan woould know better...

stephan_
April 17th, 2020, 15:52
Pregens are available (I just need to know which one in advance).

With that presumably all spots filled.

jakemtl
April 17th, 2020, 16:07
I can play all pre-gen characters of 8th level equally poorly. Please assign me a character of whatever class seems to be missing for this adventure.

stephan_
April 17th, 2020, 17:16
With two operatives and two technomancers you should be somewhat good on skills.

jakemtl
April 17th, 2020, 17:26
(redacted)

jakemtl
April 17th, 2020, 17:29
Or maybe I should just play a figher... or whatever it is called in SF.

mizinamo
April 17th, 2020, 17:34
(ignore)

mizinamo
April 17th, 2020, 17:35
Or maybe I should just play a figher... or whatever it is called in SF.

Soldier.

Why not take the pregen Obozaya, the vesk Soldier?

stephan_
April 17th, 2020, 17:42
In the absence of sentient furniture race boons that seems like a good suggestion.

jakemtl
April 17th, 2020, 17:43
Yes, my apologies go out to Mizinamo, and thank you for keeping comments here in check. I forgot I was posting here and not in Stephan's OP page, which has a more restricted audience, who are already familiar with (and if not also appreciate) my dry sense of humor. I will edit out the previous post, as not relevant to this forum.

jakemtl
April 17th, 2020, 17:56
If allowable, I may try to create my own character on FG and will send the xml to Stephan for auditing. What would be the specific rules I need to comply with for creating a SF pre-gen legal for society play? Number of credits to apply etc? Alos by creating it from scratch, it will make me learn the skills and feats I get as I level up each on FG.

If it is not allowed then I will just play whatever I am provided with. As long as I am around Stephan's table, I am happy to play whatever.

stephan_
April 17th, 2020, 20:46
Well, you can build the pregen on FG yourself if you want to but you would not be able to deviate from the pdf pregen. You can change anything cosmetic though (and use the leftover credits if you want to).

jakemtl
April 17th, 2020, 21:46
OK, then no point for me to put in the effort of creating one. I will use whatever you provide me with and change the name to Tim.

Well, you can build the pregen on FG yourself if you want to but you would not be able to deviate from the pdf pregen. You can change anything cosmetic though (and use the leftover credits if you want to).