PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between 5E-Language Fonts and 5E-Language Fonts(FR)?

bracken
April 17th, 2020, 10:22
Hi,

I have just bought the D&D Essentials bundle after watching a few videos showing how good the 5E automation is in FG. In the extensions I can see two language fonts extensions, one with an (FR) suffix. I believe these extensions are what is used to display the fantasy font obfuscation of chat when speaking with a language selected. What is the difference between the two versions of the extension? Also can you load both at the same time or is it like themes where they can conflict with each other?

Apologies if this has been answered many time before. I have searched the forum but cannot find an exact answer to my questions ... most of my searches returned links to community written font extensions.

Thanks,
Bracken

Trenloe
April 17th, 2020, 10:24
FR - Forgotten Realms.

You can load both at once (but you have to do this right at the beginning when you create a new campaign), but some languages that are shared between the two may have duplicate entries or use an unexpected font. So, best to run with one or the other.

bracken
April 17th, 2020, 10:32
Thanks for the incredibly quick response, Trenloe. So I should choose my campaign setting first ;). Damn ... haven't played D&D since 3e ... guess I better fire up a campaign and read the manuals first :D

Mysteria_Sdrassa
April 17th, 2020, 17:30
i often wondered what that meant as well,, thanks :)

DK1138
April 22nd, 2020, 11:29
For some reason I was convinced it meant French and never investigated further! Thanks!