PDA

View Full Version : Morecore and Token Names

godfatherbrak
April 17th, 2020, 04:28
Hello,

I'm using Morecore to move a Persona campaign using Cortex Prime over to FG.

I've got a picture of the Classroom and have put tokens representing the NPCs onto it. Under Options, I put the Tokens to Show Name: Title.

Should this put a permenant title that can be seen underneath or above the token? I can get it so you can see their name when you mouse over it, but I'd like it to be on there always.

Any ideas? Google hasn't helped me on this.

Thanks,

Mikel

wndrngdru
April 17th, 2020, 05:38
Are you FG Classic or FG Unity?
Do you have any extensions loaded?
Are you dragging the NPCs to the Combat Tracker and then dragging to the map from there?

I am unable to replicate this with either version. Both show the names above the tokens.

godfatherbrak
April 17th, 2020, 17:23
Ah---that was what I needed. Thank you so much.

I wasn't pulling them off the combat tracker, as this wasn't for a battle, but I was putting them directly on the image.

Mikel

godfatherbrak
April 17th, 2020, 17:37
Actually, that wasn't what I wanted. If I remove them from the NPC Tracker, they disappear off the image. I need these to stay permanently on the image unless I remove them.

Looks like there may not be a way to have their names permanently visible above their tokens.

wndrngdru
April 17th, 2020, 21:25
Actually, that wasn't what I wanted. If I remove them from the NPC Tracker, they disappear off the image. I need these to stay permanently on the image unless I remove them.

Looks like there may not be a way to have their names permanently visible above their tokens.

I'm trying to think of a workaround for what you're trying to do. Unfortunately, all attributes (including names) are tied to a map through the Combat Tracker (CT).

You could maybe set the NPCs up as an encounter, then pin that encounter to the map so you can quickly bring it up and add it to the map when your players are present.

godfatherbrak
April 18th, 2020, 00:16
I tried. Doesn't seem like it'll work. It'll be fine the other way, though. Thanks for trying to figure it out.