PDA

View Full Version : FGU for Android?

Yrislov
April 16th, 2020, 23:38
Hi! Hope everyone is staying healthy.

I'm wondering if FGU will have a client interface that could be used on android. I'm building a gaming table and I'm thinking about having tablets built into each seat, so that players can access their character info from the tablet. Is this available now? planned for the future? not on the list yet? or won't be on the list?

I'm loving FGU already!

Yrislov

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2020, 23:40
FGU will not be available on either Android or iOS. Only Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.
We do have some ideas for companion apps; but those are quite a ways out on our timeline.

Regards,
JPG

Yrislov
April 17th, 2020, 00:45
Thank you! That helps a lot. I can make those devices Linux based then. Although I do look forward to the companion apps. Great work!

Kalorous
April 17th, 2020, 02:37
I would love to see such an app allow reading of reference material, so we can have that info open without taking up precious desktop space

Neovirtus
April 17th, 2020, 02:44
Agreed, a companion app that allowed us to look through reference manual type documents would be a huge help. Any additional functionality would be gravy in my opinion.

GavinRuneblade
April 17th, 2020, 04:36
You can access fantasy grounds from a mobile device, but you need to have it running on a computer. This thread has instructions. Despite the wording the thread includes iOS instructions too:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44105-Fantasy-Grounds-works-pretty-good-on-an-Android-Tablet

One of the people connects from a different country than where the computer is located, others just use the mobile device as a monitor. There are multiple different ways to do it in the thread.

dantesgift
April 9th, 2023, 19:21
I'm about 2 lose 2 players because of incidences with their PC's (both are in other country's, one broke and the other was stolen). We all had decided to leave roll20 and use fantasy grounds... (my roll20 was hijacked and they were a awful to deal with) I had bought 700$ of items and the software for FGU, they were resistant to switch.... change is a bitch for people, but i got them onboard... now we either chip in to get roll20 membership again or say bye to long time players.