PDA

View Full Version : 10+hr Laptop battery drained in 45 minutes with FGU

OneEyedNinja
April 16th, 2020, 20:51
I am new to FG and have a brand new Macbook Pro and the battery will last for 10+ hours just web surfing. I thought I had a bad battery as I was using FGU since I bought the laptop but as I was working today I tested the battery drain by
- allowing the laptop sit open on a webpage without FGU running and the battery drained at a rate that would allow it to run for over 20 hours for a full 100% battery.
- Then I launched FGU and loaded a campaign, but did not open any maps, tables, etc yet and it drained at the rate of 2h20m for a full 100% battery.
- Then I opened a player map and let it sit and it drained at a rate that would drain a full 100% battery in 45 minutes.
I didn't bother posting this in the FGU forum yet in case this is just a FG norm. Is this normal?

Griogre
April 16th, 2020, 21:05
I'd post it in the FGU forum. FGU is not optimized and uses the Unity engine, but on idle that seems a bit much.

Gaglug
April 17th, 2020, 02:06
My new Macbook Pro is very power hungry when I'm pulling/pushing lots of data wirelessly. The radio just eats the battery. Whenever I'm doing something that is radio-intensive, I always plug in the power.