PDA

View Full Version : FGU - Font Corruption on Version 2020-04-15 (latest version with font changes)

Mazzar
April 16th, 2020, 18:56
I was playing my campaign (first time with FGU) which, overall, went well. Sometime in the middle, the screen started doing strange things and the font became corrupted. I had to restart FGU to solve.

Here is a pic

Also, here is a video of my session from last night.. Go to 1:00 into it. You will see some strange behavior with, what looks like, tool tips popping up and blockign certain links and then the font corruption after.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AklChQddtpRciMZKcZPMSVnPiQ0RlA?e=KNdsnT

Kelrugem
April 16th, 2020, 20:05
I was playing my campaign (first time with FGU) which, overall, went well. Sometime in the middle, the screen started doing strange things and the font became corrupted. I had to restart FGU to solve.

Here is a pic

Also, here is a video of my session from last night.. Go to 1:00 into it. You will see some strange behavior with, what looks like, tool tips popping up and blockign certain links and then the font corruption after.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AklChQddtpRciMZKcZPMSVnPiQ0RlA?e=KNdsnT

You should maybe test next time without extensions (sadly it took so long for you, such that you can't simply test it shortly again :D). When I load my height extension in FGU, then I get this problem very quickly, and, as far as I know, the 5e enhancer has height widgets, too (in a similar approach); so, it could be caused by that or any other extensions using some font :) (in FGC I do not have this problem; that may be related to the font used in the height widget :) )

Mazzar
April 16th, 2020, 21:38
I am using the 5E Enhancer that has recently incorporated height adjustments. I am including @Styrmir on this as well. I don't have enough experience with FGU in a real campaign to see if it is an issue. I can try to disable the extension in next week's session to see if I get it again. I only brought it up here because I know the fonts system was rewritten.

Kelrugem
April 16th, 2020, 21:47
I am using the 5E Enhancer that has recently incorporated height adjustments. I am including @Styrmir on this as well. I don't have enough experience with FGU in a real campaign to see if it is an issue. I can try to disable the extension in next week's session to see if I get it again. I only brought it up here because I know the fonts system was rewritten.

No worries :) I understand that :) The problem is that it could "eat" time for SmiteWorks to figure out what is going on, just to see that it was caused by an extension :) Therefore I wanted to mention that after I was able to reproduce that with an extension :)