PDA

View Full Version : Running a game when only the DM has the ruleset

spinksy
April 16th, 2020, 11:51
Hello,
My group has recently moved our game onto FG (we all have the classic license). I'm thinking of getting the savage worlds + HoE rulesets for when it's my turn to DM. Does everyone else need to get the sets as well or can they use mine when I host the game?

spoofer
April 16th, 2020, 12:07
Welcome to FG! The host can share owned assets such as handbooks from the library tab. So, no, only you will need to purchase the ruleset, handbooks, etc.

esmdev
April 16th, 2020, 12:53
Hello,
My group has recently moved our game onto FG (we all have the classic license). I'm thinking of getting the savage worlds + HoE rulesets for when it's my turn to DM. Does everyone else need to get the sets as well or can they use mine when I host the game?

It is a requirement that the GM has the ruleset and whatever accessories and adventures you want to run. The GM can then set each of them as accessible or not accessible to players (like rulebook = visible, adventure = invisible). The players connected to the GM campaign can then access and use anything from the visible content while connected to the campaign.