PDA

View Full Version : Exclude the map

Davide87
April 16th, 2020, 10:31
Is it possible to play without the map appearing every time it is the turn of a new pc / pnc? My group and I would prefer to be able to deactivate it in certain situations. But call it back when needed.

Cheers

esmdev
April 16th, 2020, 12:36
Is it possible to play without the map appearing every time it is the turn of a new pc / pnc? My group and I would prefer to be able to deactivate it in certain situations. But call it back when needed.

Cheers

Hi. Try turning off the setting auto center map. That might be what is bringing the map up if you have deactivated it.

Davide87
April 16th, 2020, 14:01
Hi, I've just tried but it continues to re-open the map, only not centered.

Frankison
April 17th, 2020, 15:57
Remove player tokens from the map.

Frankison
April 17th, 2020, 15:58
If player tokens are on the map it will bring up the map when you activate the combat tracker and when you advance the turn.

Davide87
April 17th, 2020, 16:07
I see, thanks. I think it would be useful having the option to disable this behaviour. So the tokens could remain on the map.

Frankison
April 17th, 2020, 16:24
True enough, I usually use placeholder tokens for things like overland maps.

Nyghtmare
April 27th, 2020, 06:14
You could try dragging the player's tokens onto the map — if you just drag them from the character sheets and not the combat tracker, I believe that they are not linked to the characters and therefore will probably not cause this same behavior.