PDA

View Full Version : New Dm looking for players for LMOP 5e

thornious
April 16th, 2020, 05:35
I am new player/DM that is currently running a group on Thursdays through the Lost Mines of Phandelver. I would love to run another group though and learn the system as we go. I am looking for new players or those that would be willing to play with new players and DM .

System: Fantasy Grounds Classic. Players only need demo account.
Game System: 5e
Time Zone: est
Day of week and time: Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday after 7pm
If new game, planned start date: soon
Planned Duration & Frequency: weekly
Term: End on campaign

Text or Voice: voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Both
Number of Players in game & needed:3 to5
Character starting level & equipment: Lvl 1
Character restrictions: Predefined

Details of your scenario: starter set Lost Mines of Phandelver.

Link to Gamecalendar page:

Angry_Steak
April 16th, 2020, 08:12
Mornin'

Due to the lockdowns, the game I run at my FLGS is on hiatus. I've run 5e for them more or less since release, and spent much of that time teaching new players or DMs. As such, I'd fall into your latter category. Between various other hobbies and my own night shift schedule, I'm used to working with other time zones than my own(CST). I also have experience with Discord and own Ultimate copies of both FGC and FGU. That said, Tuesday would be the best of the proposed options for me. I run a Monday game via FG and my FLGS game is on Wednesday.

LFlo
April 16th, 2020, 08:40
Howdy I'm new to FG and DND 5E but I just created a rogue 1st level. I have experience in DND. I mostly play pathfinder. Let me know if I can play with all.

thornious
April 16th, 2020, 12:52
Thanks for the replies will be reaching out.

Midig
April 16th, 2020, 15:26
I am a 24 year old part time worker and student who lives in Oslo. You might be in for a shock. I am a nerd. I am a big fan of games such as The Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age and Witcher series. I think especially Skyrim is quite interesting due to the modding scene keeping it alive after 9 years and I am patiently waiting for SkyBlivion which is Oblivion running on Skyrim engine. I love TTRPGs, but like a lot of people, I don't get to play it nearly enough. I am familiar with DnD 5th, Pathfinder 1E, and CoC.

Not sure exactly what time EST is. A link for reference would be nice. I am quite adaptable, although not 5 am adaptable. So once you got a set timezone and time of day I can come back to you.

My experience with DnD 5th is as a DM, although I admit I have not run very thorough from beginning to end campaigns due to RL stuff. I am new to FG, but I want to run my own FG games eventually. Not only due to corona thing, but that is a part of it. When I enter a game I am active in and out of sessions so things go smoothly. I make it on time when I say I will and when I don't I inform ASAP. This is just common decency and respect I think you deserve as someone who is basically setting aside time so others can have fun. I also have some cool character ideas that I have yet to explore.

Feel free to message me here. I can add you on discord, facebook etc. if you ask for it.

thornious
April 16th, 2020, 15:39
Midig thanks for the interest and the timezone is Eastern GMT-4.

Midig
April 16th, 2020, 16:07
I am then 6 hours ahead of you. So that would be impossible for me TBH. I would basically start around 2am. I wish you best of luck with running your games.

Rippin
April 16th, 2020, 21:01
I would be interested. I have never used FG but am interested given that any real life games are over for the foreseeable future. I am in EST and my calendar is flexible. 5E is all I have played.

Zedbor
April 16th, 2020, 21:09
Howdy Boss. I am a 52 years old live in NY. Will be on lockdown untill mid may. I have been playing D&D in 1 form or another sence 1976 told you I was old. I have FG user license, and the D&D FG 5e bundle. So right now no problem with time playing. I an a Telcom tech so after lockdown I work till about 7 pm really till 5pm but I never finish on time lol. I would love to play. I don't know FG that well yet but getting stuck in is a great way to learn it.

DaBeef2112
April 16th, 2020, 22:09
I'm interested if you still have room. I've been playing D&D in one form or another since '84.

Thanks,

KrptDrgn
April 16th, 2020, 22:33
Interested in the game.. Would love to play if you've got room.

Vapnir
April 16th, 2020, 23:42
hello,
i dont know if you are still looking for members but, i am interested in this group.
im 40 and have played D&D before but not on virtual table tops.
so its safe to say im a noob...lol. i live with in the standard eastern time zone and i have discord and i have the demo version with plans to upgrade later.
if you can fit me in i would be able to play any day after 7pm EST due to work and being essential worker.
Thanks

John Van
April 17th, 2020, 00:52
If youll have me I would be interested in playing a barbarian. Ive played 5e for about a year now, DM and player. Im fine with making a base barbarian out of the PHB and love the RP aspect so get ready for interactions. I can also play a Bard if need be, since I have character in mind who is all about propping other players up. My Discord name is John Van #9942

thornious
April 17th, 2020, 15:37
Thank you everyone for your interest. I think we are all set. I will reach out to you if something falls though.