PDA

View Full Version : Can't find fonts in FGU

AmadanNaBriona
April 15th, 2020, 19:55
I've read this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56221-Fonts-small) and several others about the change from fgf to ttf specs in FGU. I'm still having trouble isolating the causes of the following problems, all in my ruleset which is based on CoreRPG.

4/15/2020 1:09:56 PM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find normal font () in control (text) in class (charnote)

[4/15/2020 1:09:56 PM] [WARNING] formattedtextcontrol: Could not find title font () in control (text) in class (charnote)

This is the text control in the charnote class:

<ft_record name="text">
<bounds>25,85,-25,-15</bounds>
<multilinespacing>16</multilinespacing>
<font>reference-r</font>
<selectioncolor>#FFD296</selectioncolor>
</ft_record>

reference-r is defined thusly in CoreRPG's graphics_fonts.xml:

<font name="reference-r">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/regular-10.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Noto_Sans/NotoSans-Regular.ttf" name="Noto Sans" size="12" />
<color value="#000000" />
</font>

I've checked, and both the fgf and ttf file are there.

The other error is this one, which is repeated over and over whenever I open a charnote window:

[4/15/2020 1:09:56 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Could not find font for fontName

This seems to indicate there is a nil font name it's trying to find? I am unable to find the missing font and not sure how I'd go about figuring out which font it's complaining about.

AmadanNaBriona
April 15th, 2020, 20:23
Posting questions seems to be best way for me to find the problem quickly. So for anyone else running into this:

It was the formattedtextcontrol (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/formattedtextcontrol.xcp) control. The windowclass defined in the custom ruleset I borrowed only provided a <font></font> tag for a formattedtextcontrol. This didn't cause problems in FG Classic, but apparently FG Unity does not like it when the child elements ("normal", "title", etc.) are not specified.

damned
April 15th, 2020, 22:22
Please do check whether you have a font definition in your ruleset.

AmadanNaBriona
April 15th, 2020, 22:45
Please do check whether you have a font definition in your ruleset.

I have several, and it also inherits those from CoreRPG, does it not?

Though this brings up another issue I am having: I created a custom font definition in graphics/graphics_fonts.xml:

<font name="tftattribute">
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Amerigo BT Bold.ttf" name="Amerigo BT" size="12" />
<color value="#000000" />
</font>

I made sure that ttf file is in the graphics/fonts folder. But it's not actually being used in the fields that specify <font>tftattribute</font>.

damned
April 15th, 2020, 22:58
There are a lot of Font issues in FGU right now. I think Im seeing the same issue with a sheettext font in Call of Cthulhu inheriting it from CoreRPG.

pindercarl
April 16th, 2020, 00:04
There are a lot of Font issues in FGU right now. I think Im seeing the same issue with a sheettext font in Call of Cthulhu inheriting it from CoreRPG.

Make sure that you are updated to today's build (2020-04-15) as there are some font fixes in this version.

damned
April 16th, 2020, 00:12
As per CoC thread my CoreRPG Font issues are resolved. Working on my custom fonts next.

AmadanNaBriona
April 16th, 2020, 00:12
Yes, I just updated, and still am not seeing the font I specified.

damned
April 16th, 2020, 00:22
AmadanNaBriona I have various custom fonts in use across various rulesets and extensions that FGU doest like.
Im working on testing replacements.

AmadanNaBriona
April 16th, 2020, 00:27
Is it just random TTF fonts that FGU rejects, or is there some trick to getting the settings/configurations correct?

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2020, 00:31
It might be the TTF. Could you post a copy of the TTF here?

Is your project posted somewhere to download as well?

Thanks,
JPG

AmadanNaBriona
April 16th, 2020, 00:52
It might be the TTF. Could you post a copy of the TTF here?[/qoute]

I tried, but it said "invalid file." It is contained in the ruleset, though (below).

[quote]Is your project posted somewhere to download as well?

Here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54446-The-Fantasy-Trip&p=491211&viewfull=1#post491211)

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2020, 01:04
Is it the "tftattribute" one?

Either way, what's the quickest set of steps for us to start a new campaign, and access a field using that font? Assume we know nothing about TFT (which we don't).

Thanks,
JPG

AmadanNaBriona
April 16th, 2020, 01:37
Is it the "tftattribute" one?

Either way, what's the quickest set of steps for us to start a new campaign, and access a field using that font? Assume we know nothing about TFT (which we don't).

Thanks,
JPG

Yes.

Create a new campaign using the TFT ruleset. Go to Characters and create a new blank character sheet. The font should be visible in the stats you see (ST, DX, IQ, MA).