PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Functionality from FG Classic into FG Unity

glamkey
April 15th, 2020, 18:08
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I thought this was the best place to start.

Second I am coming from Matt Coville and while he has the Classic version I went with the more experimental Unity version. (and maybe I should go to Classic)

I am looking for a particular function. In the screen show below, I am looking for the ability in the character creation to roll x dice and have them be saved neatly as well as the text at the bottom where it drops the lowest of 4 and then does the adding.

I have tried searching for specific extensions but am at a loss since I am very "green." Had the product for a day now.

Thanks for any pointers or directions

Zacchaeus
April 15th, 2020, 21:26
H glamkey. welcome to FG.

Manage characters has been removed from Unity so you won't find that screen anywhere except in Classic.

glamkey
April 15th, 2020, 21:38
Thanks for that!

As I understand it, there is a community of extensions out there. What I was wondering, is the that dice functionality replicated in an extension any where?

Thanks again for the rapid response.

damned
April 15th, 2020, 22:07
There is an extension here that will do most of what you need
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php%3F22637-DMFirmy-s-Drop-Lowest-Extension

glamkey
April 15th, 2020, 22:40
Thanks kind sir!

wndrngdru
April 16th, 2020, 04:46
Hi glamkey! Welcome to the forums.

The drop functionality you're looking for is present in the Unity dice parser as a native expression, i.e, no need for an extension. (Classic still requires an extension, however)

For instance:
/die 4d6d1 will roll 4 six-sided dice and drop the lowest.
/die 5d6d2 will roll 5 and drop the lowest 2

There is a plethora of new possibilities in the Unity parser. Caveat: current rulesets may not be written to take advantage of them yet, though you can always type it manually (or add to a hotkey) and have it work.
There is a list of expressions in the Basic Guides for FGU (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/688330/Rolling+Dice).

glamkey
April 16th, 2020, 15:27
@wndrngdru This one. This one is the answer. This is great!