PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing the Mad mage Dungeon module: Steam vs. FG website prices

christophe
April 15th, 2020, 14:22
My players and I are about to achieve the LMOP adventure (I have a Ultimate subscription, FG classic) and I'm looking at the next module we'll run when they are 5th level.

I've looked at the Mad Mage Dungeon module but I see different prices between the FG website ($24,99) and Steam ($20,99). Unfortunately I have the non-steam FG software so I can't take benefit of this 20% discount available on Steam.

Is there a reason for the same exact module having different prices depending on which FG engine source we are using? Seen from here, that sounds pretty unfair.

Any clarification appreciated.

Trenloe
April 15th, 2020, 14:27
Steam has regional pricing, which can be quite different from the US Dollars price on the FG store.

LordEntrails
April 15th, 2020, 16:51
Note that SmiteWorks does not have control over Steam's Regional Pricing. SmiteWorks post/list the prices for US users in US Dollars which they make the same as the FG Store and the Steam adjusts them per Steam's policies.

ddavison
April 15th, 2020, 16:56
If buying from Steam works best for you, you can use your license key to add Fantasy Grounds to your Steam Library and then make all your purchases there.

As was stated already, we only set the U.S. price and the price is the same there. Our website uses PayPal and they do a direct currency conversion. Steam does a different regional pricing adjustment that is not a direct currency exchange.

TheoGeek
April 15th, 2020, 20:50
Does the "bundles need to be purchased from the same store" still apply?

damned
April 15th, 2020, 21:49
Does the "bundles need to be purchased from the same store" still apply?

Yes it does.