PDA

View Full Version : How to have multiple parties run the same campaign

Cerebrolator
April 15th, 2020, 13:36
I apologize if this isn't the right place for this post or if it has already been answered (I haven't been able to find it). If there is a different forum for these types of questions, please let me know which one to use.

I'm making a home brew campaign. I have two different sets of players that I want to run through it. How do I do that?

Trenloe
April 15th, 2020, 13:44
I've moved this thread to the Tavern - which is for general discussions about Fantasy Grounds. The House of Healing (where this was originally posted) if for technical issues running Fantasy Grounds. As you navigate the forums, there is a description under each forum title that will hopefully give an indication of where to post questions. And if you have a questions that is specific to a ruleset (RPG system) post them in the system specific forum. Thanks.

Now, to get to your question: some info is provided in post #2 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45034-Two-or-more-campaigns-at-the-same-time

Cerebrolator
April 15th, 2020, 13:58
Thank you, Trenloe! This community is fantastic!

esmdev
April 15th, 2020, 14:08
I apologize if this isn't the right place for this post or if it has already been answered (I haven't been able to find it). If there is a different forum for these types of questions, please let me know which one to use.

I'm making a home brew campaign. I have two different sets of players that I want to run through it. How do I do that?

I think that the easiest way is to create the campaign in a separate development campaign. You can do any building and updating in that campaign. Then export the campaign (done in the library window) to a module. Then you can use that module in 2 play campaigns.

The advantage of the development campaign space is that if you need to update something about the campaign (change monster stats, add npcs, or just extend the campaign further in the future) you can do it in one place and deploy it to your active campaigns quickly and easily. :)

Cerebrolator
April 15th, 2020, 23:35
I think that the easiest way is to create the campaign in a separate development campaign. You can do any building and updating in that campaign. Then export the campaign (done in the library window) to a module. Then you can use that module in 2 play campaigns.

The advantage of the development campaign space is that if you need to update something about the campaign (change monster stats, add npcs, or just extend the campaign further in the future) you can do it in one place and deploy it to your active campaigns quickly and easily. :)

Fantastic advice, Esmdev! Thank you!