PDA

View Full Version : LFDM 3-5 Player Weeknights Fri preferred, EST. prefer 5e for newbs

legendentity
April 14th, 2020, 04:56
We're ready to play ASAP!

FG License: Free(we'll play classic or unity) So we're looking for someone with Ultimate.
Time Zone: EST. We don't mind playing on another zone, just know we're on EST.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Friday would be preferred to be able to extend the playtime if needed, but most weekdays also work(just let us know) We could start as early as 7 currently, with moves to 7:30/8Pm once we can leave our houses again.
Term: We're open to playing whatever, DM's choice. We'd like to play for awhile, but as far as the story is up to the DM!
Voice: We can voice chat and would probably download a different one. We just use Battle.net currently for something simple.

Game System Preferred: 5e. It's easy to pick up for a few of us that haven't played at all. but we're not limited to just 5.
Game System Experience: I have played once 2a and 5e, another friend has at least 3.5 multiple times (but maybe others?) 2 are brand new and unsure about the other person, but he has played D&D.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: We're all new to fantasy grounds. 5e and 3.5 friends have played with the demo a brief while, but everyone is open to trying it out.

Character Type Preferred: We already have our characters made for a previous campaign that wasn't started, so we'd like to play those out. Currently a Barb, Rogue, Druid, Cleric, Sorcerer. I can give more detail on them if needed.

About me: Me and my friends play games together all the time. We met through WoW during Wrath of the lich king, and have played games together ever since. We currently play a lot of ARPGs(Diablo3, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn), currently going through Borderlands 3 for the second time, minecraft, Divinity 2, etc.
One of my friends I've known since childhood. We're all around/above 30, so you'll have a mature group. We're talkative when we need to be, and let the story talk when it needs to be. I would say to stray away from something so "min-max required!" but we have no problem going up against challenging fights. a mix of Roleplay and combat would be preferred. I can be creative with spells or just blow up faces depending on how creative the DM wants to be.

Graylock
April 14th, 2020, 05:17
Hey Legendentity. If you want to learn FG and get hands on experience with using Fantasy Grounds Classic or Unity, you should check out https://fantasygroundscollege.net/. It is a free tutorial/lesson website that offers live lessons and support. Once you register, you can sign up for classes that are given on their Discord server. It is an excellent community, just like this one, and very helpful to those new to Fantasy Grounds.

It can be tough to find a DM, but keep on looking here and you might find something. Also, the FG Collage Discord has a place to hunt down a DM. I wish I could help you but I'm pretty full with my DMing these days.

John Van
April 14th, 2020, 21:30
Hey Legendentity!

I love introducing new players to the game. I've been playing 5e for little over a year now, before that I did Pathfinder for two. I have Fantasy Grounds Ultimate (Classic) so I can definitely host a game. I've had some port forwarding issues recently so I would require players to use ZeroTier in order to connect for me (its free, but a turn off to some since they don't like downloading more things). I can do a starting adventure that can be translated to a larger module if people end up really enjoying the game, or I have a number of oneshots suited to new and low level characters. Everything from grim-dark, to mystery and humor. I am available most days due to the shutdowns, save for the weekends.

Let me know if your interested!

thornious
April 15th, 2020, 16:37
Sent a PM

legendentity
April 15th, 2020, 18:31
Hey guys! Thanks for the replies! We have found someone, but I will keep in touch if something happens!

legendentity
May 12th, 2020, 21:09
Hey everyone! I wanted to update again. I've edited my original post slightly.
We're re-looking for a DM! Our current one is going through some IRL Stuff. We have our characters created (5players), so we're just looking for a setting to dive through. Preferably something long-term, but we're open to doing something shorter, that can grow into something longer.

xxVaLhaLLaxx
May 13th, 2020, 02:21
Sent a PM.