PDA

View Full Version : [Extension] Ongoing temporary hitpoints

Kelrugem
April 14th, 2020, 03:49
Forge link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/5/view
(https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/5/view)
NOTE: Use the forge link for the FGU version; FGC version is attached below, but the FGC version won't receive new features anymore

Hi :)

Some days ago there was some request about an effect which applies ongoing temporary hit points, like REGEN but for temp HP while satisfying rules for temp HP (especially no stacking, highest value is taken as usually when you use the temp HP heal button). I uploaded this already on Discord days ago but I thought I can share it here, too. But since I normally not code for 5e, I would be happy when someone can take care of this extension (otherwise I try to remember that for each update, but no guarantee :P I adjusted the code in such a way that it should be as compatible as possible when it is about other extensions and updates).

The effect is TEMPO and its value is (D), so any number or die. It applies temporary hit points at the start of one's turn like in heroism. Be aware of that this extension is probably not compatible with every extension :)

The only "problem" might be some very edge case together with DMGO when it is about the order of when the effects should be applied; e.g., you have 5 HP, 4 wounds and the effects TEMPO: 2; DMGO: 1. When TEMPO gets applied first then you would not fall unconscious, but when DMGO would be applied first then you become unconscious and have to roll death rolls, since temporary hit points do not affect physical states (at least that is how FG treats it seemingly). I was not able to find any answer about what the correct order is in 5e, seemingly noone else asked this somewhere in the internet :D FG now handles the effects in the order at which they are handled in the code; first comes, first served (when both are dice, then the faster die will be served first and so on). But that is a very rare situation, I guess, so, it is hopefully useful for someone else :) A specific order can be forced by adjusting the initiative of the effects (like actor on init 15, then TEMPO at 15.1 for applying TEMPO first for example)

Best,

Kelrugem

UPDATE: After another request/motivation in the Discord, I added a new effect: ROLLON: [table name] <-c [column name]> <-d dice> <-hide>
What this is doing: Exactly as the macro /rollon but as an effect which gets triggered automatically at the beginning of one's turn :) The request was about automating confusion, with that you can let the effect automatically roll the outcome of confusion at the beginning of the turn :)
E.g.: ROLLON: test will automatically roll on the table named test (when exisisting) on the beginning of the carrier's turn :)

Zacchaeus
April 14th, 2020, 10:13
Nice one; thanks for sharing.

Kelrugem
April 14th, 2020, 13:14
Nice one; thanks for sharing.

:) Yeah, a very smal extension :)

Kelrugem
April 22nd, 2020, 02:59
After another request/motivation in the Discord, I added a new effect: ROLLON: [table name] <-c [column name]> <-d dice> <-hide>
What this is doing: Exactly as the macro /rollon but as an effect which gets triggered automatically at the beginning of one's turn :) The request was about automating confusion, with that you can let the effect automatically roll the outcome of confusion at the beginning of the turn :)

E.g.: ROLLON: test will automatically roll on the table named test (when exisisting) on the beginning of the carrier's turn :)

Kelrugem
April 23rd, 2020, 15:11
Small update :) The table name for ROLLON now supports numbers in front of the table name like "018 Test", this was not possible before because number-prefixes in effects get interpreted as numbers usually :) Now that should work, except "0 test", i.e. 0 as number will not work in front :) (but "0test" would of course) That would funnily need a little bit more rewrite, but when someone wants the 0 then just tell me :)

Bob Iadicicco
May 22nd, 2020, 13:34
I have a weapon that grants Temp HP based on the damage done, up to 50. I got the majority of this working by creating the weapon as a Power. I am now trying to figure out how to take the damage done and use that result to assign to a "Heal" to temp HP. The only way I got it to work is by re-rolling the damage dice in the heal. Any ideas if this is possible?

Kelrugem
May 22nd, 2020, 18:27
I have a weapon that grants Temp HP based on the damage done, up to 50. I got the majority of this working by creating the weapon as a Power. I am now trying to figure out how to take the damage done and use that result to assign to a "Heal" to temp HP. The only way I got it to work is by re-rolling the damage dice in the heal. Any ideas if this is possible?

Hm, my knowledge about 5e is not so extensive, but there is no effect for this (the TEMPO effect is just like REGEN but for temp HP). Keep the heal button with a fixed button for temp HP heal and just edit the number after you have rolled the damage :) Or simply type the temp HP gain in the box manually :) (Probably this gain of temp HP is stacking, up to 50? then the manual edit is the best method due to that the temp heal button only overwrites the value when bigger)

Bob Iadicicco
May 22nd, 2020, 20:17
Hm, my knowledge about 5e is not so extensive, but there is no effect for this (the TEMPO effect is just like REGEN but for temp HP). Keep the heal button with a fixed button for temp HP heal and just edit the number after you have rolled the damage :) Or simply type the temp HP gain in the box manually :) (Probably this gain of temp HP is stacking, up to 50? then the manual edit is the best method due to that the temp heal button only overwrites the value when bigger)

I have been putting the Temp HP in manually, just trying to get as much automated as possible. I didn't catch that it only updated the Temp HP is bigger, thanx for the response.

Kelrugem
May 23rd, 2020, 04:52
I have been putting the Temp HP in manually, just trying to get as much automated as possible. I didn't catch that it only updated the Temp HP is bigger, thanx for the response.

you're welcome :)

one could indeed write an extension for your thing though; so, maybe you have luck and someone is coding that at some point, or you try your luck :) (I sadly mainly code for 3.5e/PF1 and try to avoid too many "outside" extensions due to maintenance :) )

theawesomeraccoon
June 27th, 2020, 22:22
Edit: Never mind, figure it out and it is stacking. Thanks for the extension!!!

Hi, I don't know if I'm puttind de input wrong, but the temporary hp is not stacking. It gives 4 temp HP in the first round, but in the next one, if the 4 temp hp are still there, it doens't add 4 thus becoming 8 temp HP.
I'm new to FG so I think I might be doing something wrong

I've changed the code of Heroism to Heroism; (C); TEMPO: 4;.

Is it correct?

Kelrugem
June 27th, 2020, 23:16

Hi, I don't know if I'm puttind de input wrong, but the temporary hp is not stacking. It gives 4 temp HP in the first round, but in the next one, if the 4 temp hp are still there, it doens't add 4 thus becoming 8 temp HP.

I've changed the code of Heroism to Heroism; (C); TEMPO: 4;.

Is it correct?

Hm, I see your edit, but it shouldn't stack :D As far as I know, in 5e the temp HP gain will not stack, it will just overwrite the value when it is bigger :)

Three of Swords
June 28th, 2020, 11:44
Last campaign I wanted an effect like this so badly... I'll have to remember it exists for if I need it again.

theawesomeraccoon
June 28th, 2020, 16:20
Hm, I see your edit, but it shouldn't stack :D As far as I know, in 5e the temp HP gain will not stack, it will just overwrite the value when it is bigger :)

Ok, I just checked again and it is not stacking. I had changed the number to see how it worked and forgot about it. But thanks for the reply, now I know it is not suposed to stack!

Kelrugem
June 28th, 2020, 16:44
Ok, I just checked again and it is not stacking. I had changed the number to see how it worked and forgot about it. But thanks for the reply, now I know it is not suposed to stack!

cool :)

so, I am right that it should not stack in 5e, isn't it? :) Otherwise I can try to change that behaviour when you have some (homebrew) rule allowing stacking :)

Three of Swords
June 28th, 2020, 16:55

so, I am right that it should not stack in 5e, isn't it? :) Otherwise I can try to change that behaviour when you have some (homebrew) rule allowing stacking :)

You are correct. Temp HP should not stack.

theawesomeraccoon
June 28th, 2020, 16:58

Yeah, you're right about it! If you have 2 gains of temp hp you choose which one you want to keep, they're not suposed to stack.

If you have 2 temp hp and gain 4 temphp, you choose which one you'll keep.

I just read that part again after your reply. I had forgotten that...

Kelrugem
June 28th, 2020, 17:14
ah, good, thanks :D

Kelrugem
July 22nd, 2020, 01:47

Short bug fix of that extension. There was the bug that when there was a number in front of the table name, then that damage was applied to the carrier of the ROLLON effect (table got rolled, too, though!)... Please, don't ask why; I hope you had no big numbers in front of that :D

woopah
August 7th, 2020, 13:57
Hey, is there a version of this extension for 3.5/pathfinder?

Kelrugem
August 7th, 2020, 18:11
Hey, is there a version of this extension for 3.5/pathfinder?

ROLLON is part of the save versus tags extension there :) But the other effect is not implemented there because I do not know of any usage case where this is useful. Are there any spells where one would need TEMPO? :)

Kelrugem
February 16th, 2021, 23:04
Reuploaded the extension for compatibility with the new version of FG :) Only download the new version if you already got the most recent update (at the time of this post) :)

metaldm007
March 6th, 2021, 03:02
Does this extension still work as of the latest update? I have the effect Heroism; IMMUNE:frightened; TEMPO: [CHA]; (C), but it has no effect in the initiative tracker.

Kelrugem
March 6th, 2021, 03:20
Does this extension still work as of the latest update? I have the effect Heroism; IMMUNE:frightened; TEMPO: [CHA]; (C), but it has no effect in the initiative tracker.

[CHA] only works if it is applied from the actions tab :) If it worked correctly, then [CHA] will be replaced by a number in the CT :) Or it is maybe an incompatibility with another extension :)

PiP
April 28th, 2021, 00:02
[CHA] only works if it is applied from the actions tab :) If it worked correctly, then [CHA] will be replaced by a number in the CT :) Or it is maybe an incompatibility with another extension :)

Very nice extentension, Thank You!!! Unfortunately, it is not working with the - Fantasy Grounds Ongoing Save Effects - extension, but i don't know why.

Kelrugem
April 28th, 2021, 00:11
Very nice extentension, Thank You!!! Unfortunately, it is not working with the - Fantasy Grounds Ongoing Save Effects - extension, but i don't know why.

What does not work for you? The extension itself or the stuff about [CHA] which you cited in your post? :)

If the former: Unload all other extensions but this and test again; if then everything works, then it is likely an incompatibility with another extension :) (then I'd may need to know which other extension(s))

If the latter: For tags like [CHA] it is important that you apply the effect from an actions tab of a PC (using those effects button as for spells etc.); then [CHA] will be replaced by a number in the CT :)

ScriedRaven
April 28th, 2021, 15:59
If the former: Unload all other extensions but this and test again; if then everything works, then it is likely an incompatibility with another extension :) (then I'd may need to know which other extension(s)))

The extension is incompatible with the Ongoing Saves Extensions. I'm not sure why but Ongoing Saves doesn't like to work with other extensions. I attempted to make a merging extension that called between the two, but for some reason Ongoing Saves overwrote that too. Only thing I've been able to do is modify Ongoing saves to where it'll call TEMPO, but it gives out errors if TEMPO isn't installed (and since I used both I just accepted that and moved on).

Kelrugem
April 28th, 2021, 16:22
Yeah, ongoing saves sounds like an incompatible extension :) One may need to merge both, since one or the other will overwrite each other (depending on loadorder). But that will be difficult since ongoing saves is on DMSguild, isn't it? So, on one hand I cannot simply merge it into mine, and I am normally not allowing that my extensions are sold on DMSguild (especially because of the licensing there) :) However, the owner of the DMSguild extension can merge my code if they have an if-clause checking whether or not my extension is loaded; that should work I guess :)

Kelrugem
June 12th, 2021, 12:57
Short notice: There is an incompatibility with the Ongoing save effect extension of Kent (as reported here some while ago); I now contacted the dev on their discord asking for help :) Since I do not own their extension, I hope they reach out to me :)

Sorry that I did that so late, I had not much time lately :) (and still a lot going on :D)

vaughnlannister
June 15th, 2021, 07:45
Short notice: There is an incompatibility with the Ongoing save effect extension of Kent (as reported here some while ago); I now contacted the dev on their discord asking for help :) Since I do not own their extension, I hope they reach out to me :)

Sorry that I did that so late, I had not much time lately :) (and still a lot going on :D)

Awesome :) !!! Would love too use both together :D hope it will be possible!

Kelrugem
June 15th, 2021, 10:53
Awesome :) !!! Would love too use both together :D hope it will be possible!

So far I did not yet recieve any answer; I skimmed their discord and it looks like that Kent has not much time anymore for FG since some months. So, I may need to wait until Kent has more time and then I will ask again :)

Kelrugem
July 20th, 2021, 00:05
This extension is now on the forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/5/view :) Beware it has now the prefix Feature: in front (the file name is still the same such that it should overwrite your old file), but you may need to reactivate it in your extensions' list :)

MrDDT
August 8th, 2021, 03:42
Is there a way to give an option for this to be at the end of a turn?
Would be helpful for a Twilight Cleric's skill.

Kelrugem
August 8th, 2021, 10:54
Is there a way to give an option for this to be at the end of a turn?
Would be helpful for a Twilight Cleric's skill.

Surely possible :) But that may involve a bit more work, and since I do not play 5e my personal priority to add that is currently not so high (I rather focus on my 3.5e/PF1 extensions when I find time for it) :) I will see what I may be able to do somewhen; however, if someone else want to modify my extension for this, then this would be nice :)

MrDDT
August 8th, 2021, 17:00
Surely possible :) But that may involve a bit more work, and since I do not play 5e my personal priority to add that is currently not so high (I rather focus on my 3.5e/PF1 extensions when I find time for it) :) I will see what I may be able to do somewhen; however, if someone else want to modify my extension for this, then this would be nice :)

Awesome, I will look into it. Thanks Kelrugem.

Tatershal
August 25th, 2021, 06:07
Awesome, I will look into it. Thanks Kelrugem.

discover, share with us

Zetesofos
October 5th, 2021, 03:16
Just adding my bump to this - looking forward to have this work with ongoing saves :)

Kelrugem
October 5th, 2021, 20:03
Just adding my bump to this - looking forward to have this work with ongoing saves :)

I certainly understand the need, and I am still aware of it, no worries :) We just need to wait until Kent is available again :) (I think; maybe I find somewhen a solution without knowing Kent's code)

nephranka
October 7th, 2021, 00:11
I certainly understand the need, and I am still aware of it, no worries :) We just need to wait until Kent is available again :) (I think; maybe I find somewhen a solution without knowing Kent's code)

I have found this works with Better Combat Effects which has its own version of "on going saves".

Kelrugem
October 7th, 2021, 08:24
I have found this works with Better Combat Effects which has its own version of "on going saves".

Ah, good to know, thanks :)

ScriedRaven's sent me some suggestion for the code for compatibility with Kent's, too, so, maybe I can solve it soon (but there is some problem if Kent's is unloaded seemingly) :) (but currently not much time for coding other than maintaining, hopefully soon)

Kelrugem
October 16th, 2021, 12:54
With the help of ScriedRaven I may have a compatible version with Kent's extension :)

However, there are two problems:

The small problem: I'd need the name of the extension as it is shown in the extension list before you load a campaign. Could someone provide me this information? :) if you're unsure what to provide, just send me a screenshot of the extension list.

The bigger problem: I'd need to include some piece of code as in Kent's extension, and I am unsure about copyright. It is a very small and generic piece of code, essentially pointing to a function in Kent's function (such that the essential stuff is not in my extension, avoiding copyright stuff), such that I doubt any copyright issues; but I want to be on the safe side :) Their piece of code would also only be executed if their extension is loaded, though their code would still be visible if one unzips the extension.
I had problems contacting Kent; so, if someone wants to ask in their Discord, then I'd be happy :) (I left their discord and do not intend to join again) If you think Kent is more active again, then I can try to write via the forum, or I can try to find their discord tag to write them directly :)

Fingersome
November 9th, 2021, 04:43

In the basic rules under Temporary Hit Points it says:

Healing can't restore temporary hit points, and they can't be added together. If you have temporary hit points and receive more of them, you decide whether to keep the ones you have or to gain the new ones. For example, if a spell grants you 12 temporary hit points when you already have 10, you can have 12 or 10, not 22.

Kelrugem
November 9th, 2021, 11:36
In the basic rules under Temporary Hit Points it says:

Thanks for the confirmation :)

Geokhan
November 10th, 2021, 23:39
I do not know if someone had sent you this or not but here is how Ongoing Save Effects appears in the Extension list prior to starting the campaign.49904

Kelrugem
November 11th, 2021, 07:48
I do not know if someone had sent you this or not but here is how Ongoing Save Effects appears in the Extension list prior to starting the campaign.49904

Nice, thank you very much :) You were the first person sending me it :) (I basically needed the name of this extension as it appears in this list, and that name is often different than the file name; therefore thanks a lot :) )

Drogo210
November 22nd, 2021, 15:54
Never mind I read and used the spell incorrectly.

Kelrugem
November 23rd, 2021, 13:49

I have attached here a version compatible with Kent's ongoing save effects; at least I hope it will now work :) Could someone test TEMPO together with this of Kent's extensions?

Then I'd upload it to the forge, too :)

Best wishes and sorry that it took a while until I was able to look at this :)

Kelrugem

PS: Thanks to ScriedRaven, he basically fixed it :) I just added some small if-clause such that it also works when Kent's extension is not loaded :) (and I was able to do the latter thanks to Geokhan's post above, so, also thanks to them :) )

Drogo210
December 13th, 2021, 11:19
I was wondering if would be possible to add a separate ROLLON effect let's calle it AROLLON that when added will roll on the table.

Kelrugem
December 13th, 2021, 11:35
I was wondering if would be possible to add a separate ROLLON effect let's calle it AROLLON that when added will roll on the table.

And it would still activate a roll on the table in each round? That is surely possible :) But sadly I do not yet intend to extend my 5E extensions, since I mainly focus on 3.5E/PF1 and I am already overwhelmed with maintenance; 5E has sooo many other developers, which means, that adding more new things increases the risk to have incompatibilities with other extensions adding even more to my maintenance

What you could also do, drag&drop the table to one of the hotkeys at the bottom, then you can also roll from there for example :)

Kelrugem
December 14th, 2021, 12:37
And it would still activate a roll on the table in each round? That is surely possible :) But sadly I do not yet intend to extend my 5E extensions, since I mainly focus on 3.5E/PF1 and I am already overwhelmed with maintenance; 5E has sooo many other developers, which means, that adding more new things increases the risk to have incompatibilities with other extensions adding even more to my maintenance

What you could also do, drag&drop the table to one of the hotkeys at the bottom, then you can also roll from there for example :)

That said, it would be of course completely fine for me, if someone wants to take ownership of this extension and adds such new things :) (as long as this extension stays free)

Kelrugem
December 15th, 2021, 17:49
I now uploaded a new version of TEMPO; it should now be compatible with Kent's ongoing save extension :) Please let me know whether it works; so far no person was yet able to confirm that it works in conjunction with Kent's extension :) (but no-one denied it, so, I mean, I do not know of any person who tested it and told me about that) also thanks to ScriedRaven and Geokhan for their help :)

By the way, the version of this extension in the first post will be solely for FGC for now. That is, it will now not receive new updates anymore. The forge's version will be updated of course. I still need to wait for the approval from the forge, that is, if you use the forge you may need to wait :)

Some moments ago a big FGU patch was released, the new and old version should work with that patch. So, no worries about this extension if you update; regardless whether you already have the new version :)

nephranka
December 18th, 2021, 15:54
That said, it would be of course completely fine for me, if someone wants to take ownership of this extension and adds such new things :) (as long as this extension stays free)

First. let me thank you for this ext. It has been the way I have worked with the 5e twilight clerics abilities for a long time. I worked around the "rolls at the start of a turn" issue all along. That said, I have since found for those of us needing something that specifically addresses this ability, Better Combat Effects ext now has a feature that can do this very thing. Thank you again for the support early on.

Kelrugem
December 18th, 2021, 16:20
First. let me thank you for this ext. It has been the way I have worked with the 5e twilight clerics abilities for a long time. I worked around the "rolls at the start of a turn" issue all along. That said, I have since found for those of us needing something that specifically addresses this ability, Better Combat Effects ext now has a feature that can do this very thing. Thank you again for the support early on.

Ah, nice, thanks a lot for letting me know because I did not really know this extension :)

Is there also a similar feature like ROLLON? If yes, then I could simply let this extension go :)

nephranka
December 18th, 2021, 17:23
Ah, nice, thanks a lot for letting me know because I did not really know this extension :)

Is there also a similar feature like ROLLON? If yes, then I could simply let this extension go :)

Sadly, I know of no other ext that does rollon. Might see if BCE might pick it up?

Kelrugem
December 18th, 2021, 19:09
Sadly, I know of no other ext that does rollon. Might see if BCE might pick it up?

Oki, let me know then :) But no worries, this extension is easy to maintain, so, unlikely that I would abandon it, if no-one is picking up ROLLON :) (or something similar, extended)

And before I would abandon it, I'd need to figure out how to communicate this in the best possible way (the forge has no communication tool). At least I will add a notice on the forge description about BCE :) (regardless of my maintenance)

nephranka
December 18th, 2021, 19:12
Oki, let me know then :) But no worries, this extension is easy to maintain, so, unlikely that I would abandon it, if no-one is picking up ROLLON :) (or something similar, extended)

And before I would abandon it, I'd need to figure out how to communicate this in the best possible way (the forge has no communication tool). At least I will add a notice on the forge description about BCE :) (regardless of my maintenance)

I posted in BCE...we will see how that goes.

Kelrugem
December 18th, 2021, 19:32
I posted in BCE...we will see how that goes.

Thanks a lot :)

Drogo210
December 19th, 2021, 10:22
Thanks a lot :)

I am trying to combine the two. However it is my first extension and it can take me a long time.

BTW, I thought it was a good may to strat coding FG as both ROLLON and BCE have open code.

Kelrugem
December 19th, 2021, 10:58
I am trying to combine the two. However it is my first extension and it can take me a long time.

BTW, I thought it was a good may to strat coding FG as both ROLLON and BCE have open code.

hehe, good luck :) Let me know if you'd need help :)

But no worries, the code of my extension is easy enough that I will surely not drop support, it is easy to maintain :)

bwatford
March 26th, 2022, 16:29
Just installed this one and it does not work woth Ken't Ongoing Saves, if both are loaded then the dice for TEMP0 does not roll.

Kelrugem
March 26th, 2022, 16:33
Just installed this one and it does not work woth Ken't Ongoing Saves, if both are loaded then the dice for TEMP0 does not roll.

Thanks for your report :) I actually thought that they are now compatible since the latest patch with the help of Shadowraven :)

Sadly, I do not own ongoing saves, and Kent sadly never answered me when I wrote on his discord about that. But they may never have seen my question. Maybe I should try again :) (I would appreciate if someone else would also contact them about that :) )

MrDDT
March 26th, 2022, 16:47

I don't know it works with Ongoing Saves or not, but I just wanted to make sure you were doing TEMPO and not TEMP0, as you have typed here TEMP0

(You typed T E M P zero, and it should be the letter O)

I don't use TEMPO anymore as that coding for me has been replaced by the use of Better Combat Effects ext. Now, the ROLLON table function still works with this ext, however, I think most people don't/didn't use that function of the ext.

I highly suggest you use Better Combat Effects as it has more tools. The main reason I switched was the option to not only roll TEMPO (at the start of a turn) but also have it roll at the end of a turn, plus all other mix and match settings you can apply.

Kelrugem
July 13th, 2022, 00:50
Just a small warning: There was a big patch, and I am currently not having enough time to look at this :) So, it might be that my extension is not compatible with the newest versions :) I hope I can look at it soon
(but may be that it is still compatible :) )

Kelrugem
July 24th, 2022, 14:10
Just a small warning: There was a big patch, and I am currently not having enough time to look at this :) So, it might be that my extension is not compatible with the newest versions :) I hope I can look at it soon
(but may be that it is still compatible :) )

Wrong alarm, no update needed :D

YamiVegeta
October 13th, 2022, 12:04
I understand this is for bug fixes but I'm just wondering if there is a version of this for 3.5/pfrpg. I have a barbarian who regens temp hp and woulkd be so much smoother if we could automate it given I am already dealing with 5 other PCs. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask.

Wulfgangrpg
August 26th, 2023, 01:33
After another request/motivation in the Discord, I added a new effect: ROLLON: [table name] <-c [column name]> <-d dice> <-hide>

How to I get it to roll on the confusion table? Do I have to make a table for it?

Kelrugem
August 26th, 2023, 06:58
Yes, you have a make a table for it, with the appropriate name you want to use in the effect :)

Wulfgangrpg
August 28th, 2023, 05:32
Ok thank you

Farktopia
October 10th, 2023, 05:35
TEMPO doesn't seem to work with the latest update.
Twilight Sanctuary; IF: FACTION(friend); TEMPO: 1d6+5 - - doesn't work. Was working a few weeks ago. It was great while it lasted.

Kelrugem
October 13th, 2023, 00:37
TEMPO doesn't seem to work with the latest update.
Twilight Sanctuary; IF: FACTION(friend); TEMPO: 1d6+5 - - doesn't work. Was working a few weeks ago. It was great while it lasted.

Sorry for the late reply, I am quite busy right now :)

I try to check it later this day, I hope I find time for it :)

Thanks for the report :)

Kelrugem
November 19th, 2023, 02:03
It should still work, so the problem may come from an incompatibility with another extension :) Can someone test this extension without any other extensions? Farktopia, can you tell me what other extensions you also use?

Gawain the Great
December 6th, 2023, 01:53
It should still work, so the problem may come from an incompatibility with another extension :) Can someone test this extension without any other extensions? Farktopia, can you tell me what other extensions you also use?

I have a ton of other extensions running, and I have no problems with TEMPO. It is the only function that does the specific thing I need it to do. So, thanks again.

For me, I have a magic item called, Fife of Dragonsong, which causes damage, but also gives a boost to any friendly PCs in its conical range for the duration the song is played. The effect "inspires" 1d6 Temp Hit Points (TEMPO: 1d6) at the beginning of each turn for which the song is still being played. It's a specific need/spell effect, and I've tried the BCEG version--(TREGENS: 1d6)--which doesn't do anything at the start of the player's turn (perhaps, it requires some other predicate effect to be in place, first--which may work better with some other spells).

Thanks for keeping this one up and running. Much appreciated! If I see any conflicts, I'll let you know. I will keep monitoring this thread to see if anyone figures out the conflict at issue.

GG

Kelrugem
December 8th, 2023, 06:31
I have a ton of other extensions running, and I have no problems with TEMPO. It is the only function that does the specific thing I need it to do. So, thanks again.

For me, I have a magic item called, Fife of Dragonsong, which causes damage, but also gives a boost to any friendly PCs in its conical range for the duration the song is played. The effect "inspires" 1d6 Temp Hit Points (TEMPO: 1d6) at the beginning of each turn for which the song is still being played. It's a specific need/spell effect, and I've tried the BCEG version--(TREGENS: 1d6)--which doesn't do anything at the start of the player's turn (perhaps, it requires some other predicate effect to be in place, first--which may work better with some other spells).

Thanks for keeping this one up and running. Much appreciated! If I see any conflicts, I'll let you know. I will keep monitoring this thread to see if anyone figures out the conflict at issue.

GG

Thanks a lot for your words and confirming that the extension still works :)

Simunovich
December 19th, 2023, 08:47
That's so cool, thanks for sharing!

Kelrugem
December 20th, 2023, 08:43
That's so cool, thanks for sharing!

Glad when my extension helps :)