PDA

View Full Version : Bug/Issue: In the players view they cannot filter spell/item by categories

RaggedyJack
April 13th, 2020, 09:18
As a GM I can open the spell/item window and select a category (e.g. all, uncategorized, Dungeon Master Manual, etc.)

Expected: Players can do the same

Actual: The players who connect to the game can only see "all" and "uncategorized".

Additional:

They can see all the items
The can see the category of the item next to the name, if they click the name they can go to a view which contains only the items from that category

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2020, 10:17
I think this is a known issue.

Naron5
April 13th, 2020, 10:51
I just finished building a character with one of my players and this was one of the things that was mentioned - I also noted that I created a group (1920's - we are playing Cthulhu) and when I made the item public he could see the item in the All group but it did not list the items group like it did with Firearms and Handguns - How can I make that visible?

Moon Wizard
April 16th, 2020, 01:32
Players do not get group information from the GM. Any shared records will always go in the (Uncategorized) group for players.

The only time categories appear for players is if they load a module.

This is the same way that it works in FGC; so it would be a feature request to look at once we are out of early release.

Regards,
JPG

RaggedyJack
April 16th, 2020, 02:10
Thanks JPG - just checking though, if the players have loaded the shared module should they see the categories?

Zacchaeus
April 16th, 2020, 10:23
Thanks JPG - just checking though, if the players have loaded the shared module should they see the categories?

Yes.