PDA

View Full Version : PC power set to limited use (once) resetting uses with a long rest

Ecks
April 13th, 2020, 05:24
I ran into a bug where a player character power with limited uses set to 'once' (i.e. not replenish with a rest) was unexpectedly refreshing after taking a long rest. The PC has a power group called "Consumables" which contains powers for items with a limited number of uses. In preparation mode the power is set to 'once'. However, when taking a long rest, the number of uses is being reset anyways.

Deleting and re-creating the power group and associated powers fixed the issue. When comparing the character XML before and after, I noticed this difference:

<id-00002>
- <castertype type="string">memorization</castertype>
<name type="string">Consumables</name>
</id-00002>
<id-00003>
<atkmod type="number">0</atkmod>
<atkprof type="number">1</atkprof>
<castertype type="string">memorization</castertype>
<name type="string">Spells</name>
<prepared type="number">1</prepared>
<savemod type="number">0</savemod>
<saveprof type="number">1</saveprof>
<stat type="string">wisdom</stat>
<uses type="number">0</uses>
</id-00003>
- <id-00004>
- <atkmod type="number">0</atkmod>
- <atkprof type="number">1</atkprof>
- <name type="string">Consumables</name>
- <prepared type="number">0</prepared>
- <savemod type="number">0</savemod>
- <saveprof type="number">1</saveprof>
- <uses type="number">0</uses>
- </id-00004>

After deleting and re-creating the power group, the memorization caster type and the id-00004 section were gone, and the use tracking now worked as expected. I'm not entirely sure how the castertype got set for the Consumables power group. I'm guessing it had something to do with dragging/dropping item-related powers (saved as spells), which possibly went into the Spells power group before I changed it to the Consumables group, but I wasn't able to re-create.

5E ruleset, no extensions
FGC v3.3.10

Zacchaeus
April 13th, 2020, 10:24
Indeed. User error I think.