PDA

View Full Version : Missing Table Entries

Rachael Kunkel
April 13th, 2020, 03:59
Good evening,

I am using the most current version of Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate, specifically Dungeons & Dragons 5E. I sincerely apologize if this has already been noted by someone, but several times this evening I have opened up tables and there have been missing entries.

This occured when I opened tables that were built into purchased content modules (such as random tables from Xanathar's Guide to Everything) and when I opened my own personal tables.

---

For example, I made a table of quotes from my PC's warlock patron. It's a 1d10 table with 10 entries. I finished all 10 entries, locked it and closed it. Then when I clicked on the table when I came up with another, I clicked to open the table. When scrolling down the table, entry 3 was blank. However, it wasn't blank as if I had added a new row- it was still the same size as the text I had entered (about four lines of text). It looks almost like the text should be there, but it's just not displaying for some reason. Trying to drag from that empty entry into the chat box didn't work, but dragging other entries did.

I then closed the table and reopened it. This time entry 8 and entry 2 were blank, but entry 3 was showing again. I didn't use any coding in the table, just to be clear (I honestly don't know if I could format or add code if I wanted to, I haven't tried).

Curious if it was just my table, I opened up one of the other tables (I think it was a Flaws table from one of the Xanathar modules) and it was missing an entry on the table. When I closed and reopened it twice, the entry was showing again. This happened on several tables that were from purchases.

I'm not quite sure how to direct anyone to replicate this, I'm really sorry! A lot of the tables were perfectly fine tonight, but there were definitely about 10+ of them that had random missing entries. At the end of tonight I just stopped because I was worried if I added another entries to my personal table while it was acting up, it might permanently erase the temporarily missing ones.

The features I was using tonight included NPCs, Assets (tokens), Tables and Notes. I didn't open any of the other options, so hopefully that helps narrow something down...

Wolfspyder
April 13th, 2020, 04:35
I had the same issue this today. I could not reproduce it consistently, but when opening tables sections of it might be missing. Closing and opening it again would usually fix it, sometimes it would take another try or two.
FGU Ultimate, 5E with core books and an adventure loaded. I was in tables to due with character creation like weapons/items. It would say Martial Weapons, and it would be blank, and the section below it would be there when I scrolled down. The blank would be the same size field as if the contents of the table were there, just no text showing.

jheidecker
April 13th, 2020, 05:02
Is this similar or the same: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55700-Portions-of-windows-sometimes-blank

?

Rachael Kunkel
April 16th, 2020, 18:02
I don't think it's quite the same, though the underlying origin of the issue may be.

I didn't run into any issues in the lists from boxes as shown in that thread (the last post had an example of the list of gaming sets not showing any sets). My issues only occured when looking at entries of tables to be rolled. So on a d100 table, for example, one or two of the numbers would be blank and not show the text and would display an error if that number was rolled, even though the text appears to be there in the background. Resizing the window definitely never fixed this problem when I tried it.