PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dice Macros for CoreRPG Tables

Bale Nomad
April 13th, 2020, 00:22
Are there any plans to allow using more complicated dice macros with the CoreRPG tables? For instance, the exploding dice macro would be extremely useful with the Rolemaster ruleset. I can drag a d100 from the dice tray to the custom dice field in a table, and I can add another one to it, but that's it. The CoreRPG table custom dice field does not accept a drop from the chat or anywhere else, only the dice tray. I thought I would be clever and edit the table in the db.xml file for the campaign. I changed the dice attribute to "d100e96", and it simply treated it as a d100, ignoring the rest of the macro.

Moon Wizard
April 13th, 2020, 22:58
Yes, eventually. The main goal is to get everything working as is on FGU; and then eventually look at incorporating some of the dice expression features from FGU into the rulesets where it makes sense. Since the rulesets need to work for both, and we're using FGC behavior to double-check FGU behavior; we're deliberately waiting on those kinds of changes.

Regards,
JPG

deer_buster
July 29th, 2022, 14:33
Yes, eventually. The main goal is to get everything working as is on FGU; and then eventually look at incorporating some of the dice expression features from FGU into the rulesets where it makes sense. Since the rulesets need to work for both, and we're using FGC behavior to double-check FGU behavior; we're deliberately waiting on those kinds of changes.

Regards,
JPG

Hello JPG, any updates on this? Would love to be able to do something like [2d6k2] or [2d6d1]. Also, you ever go back and look at why stacking explode high and low (e.g. 1d100e96l5) does not work (that and explode low doesn't work correctly anyway)