PDA

View Full Version : Unity Text - Bold, Italic, Bold-Italic

zombielord
April 12th, 2020, 22:03
I noticed that documents that have bold and italic no longer show those elements as bold or italic. Additionally there's garbage characters around those elements (probably what the text parsing engine looked for in the text).
I couldn't find any reports on it. Unity V4.0 2020-04-04

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 22:36
I'm not seeing an issue. Are you using any extensions or themes? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions or themes?

What ruleset? Can you show us some screenshots.

zombielord
April 13th, 2020, 00:14
Unity UI Issue: When creating a story entry in Unity, when you make a text selection highlight, and then right-click on the selected text it drops the selection and then opens the radial menu. ( So you have to use the CTRL+B, CTRL+I, and CTRL+U hotkeys. )

On to the issue I'm having, I've determined it is a theme issue. I have a theme that worked fine in Classic but has issues in Unity.
It drops the font color changes and the bold / italic / underline. I tested it with CoreRPG
I did find the junk characters was a font issue, still haven't ironed out why It isn't changing color, and applying Bold but I'd so some more digging.

Maybe I'm missing something. To my eyes this should work. I've created the various fgf files from the Cascadia.ttf.
https://github.com/microsoft/cascadia-code/releases

<font name="reference-bi">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/Cascadia-BI.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Cascadia.ttf" name="Cascadia Bold Italic" size="12" bold="true" italic="true" />
<color value="#CDB700" /><!-- Mustard Yellow -->
</font>
<font name="reference-i">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/Cascadia-I.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Cascadia.ttf" name="Cascadia Italic" size="12" italic="true" />
</font>
<font name="reference-b">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/Cascadia-B.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Cascadia.ttf" name="Cascadia" size="12" bold="true" />
</font>

deatheternal
July 1st, 2020, 13:39
I also have not been getting the this issue of no radial option on high lighted text for manipulation. As soon as you right click to get the radial the high light disappears. I have tried all theme's and have had this problem.