PDA

View Full Version : Lost Post?

Yenooc
February 13th, 2007, 11:38
I thought that I had posted some questions here, but perhaps I hit the wrong button. Here goes again:

(1) Will someone who has seen the beta version for 2.0 tell me if the update will "save" campaigns. Currently, all token placement, initiative table data, etc. are lost when I (DM) close the game at the end of a session. I have to re-place tokens and re-enter data before beginning the next session.

(2) Is anyone else having problems with player character sheet data "erasing" (sometimes in mid-session), leaving the sheet in its original, base state?

Thanks.

P.S.: Since I haven't pestered in a while: When oh when will 2.0 be ready!? :D

Ged
February 13th, 2007, 12:00
Sorry, I understood your questions as being for the beta tester community. I.e. that they were questions about the performance of the 2.0 beta from the perpective that you had encountered those in the 2.0 beta - so I moved the previous post to the forum I thought appropriate. Sorry about that. :o

Yenooc
February 13th, 2007, 16:50
Whew! And I thought that my Alzheimers was kicking in again. ;)

Toadwart
February 15th, 2007, 17:53
I thought that I had posted some questions here, but perhaps I hit the wrong button. Here goes again:

(1) Will someone who has seen the beta version for 2.0 tell me if the update will "save" campaigns. Currently, all token placement, initiative table data, etc. are lost when I (DM) close the game at the end of a session. I have to re-place tokens and re-enter data before beginning the next session.

(2) Is anyone else having problems with player character sheet data "erasing" (sometimes in mid-session), leaving the sheet in its original, base state?

Thanks.

P.S.: Since I haven't pestered in a while: When oh when will 2.0 be ready!? :D

1) Should be much improved in 2.0. I haven't actually played with the beta much since december but even back then it was saving token positions on maps and the initiative tracker info.

2) Have had a few instances of similar behaviour. One players sheet reverted to an old version mid-session and it happened to him again a few sessions later.
Hard to know what caused it but I put it down to my testing my ruleset changes locally:
I had previously fired up two sessions (host/client) on my PC and connected as some my players characters to try out some changes to the ruleset. This left local charactername.xml files in my campaign folder which, at a much later date, seemed to replace the players actual xml file. I've since deleted all local character.xml files from my campaign folder and only use a separate test pc for testing. Haven't experienced that problem since.

Yenooc
February 15th, 2007, 20:04
Thanks, Toadwart.

I'm glad to hear that 2.0 should "remember" token positions, initiative table info, etc. Whether restarting on a new day or because of a crash, it's a real pain to have to reposition and reenter everthing.

In re: the character sheets "erasing," I haven't done any modifications--far beyond my computer-illiterate capabilities :D --but we have experienced mid-game disappearances of all entries on a character sheet. And sometimes all but the spell page disappears. :confused:

ldyparadox99
February 17th, 2007, 09:26
It hasn't happened to any of my players in the game I DM...however, it has happened to my character sheet in the game I play in several times now.

Though it seems to wait for the game to be shut down before erasing everything. Pretty annoying and we haven't been able to figure out the "why" it does that yet.