PDA

View Full Version : am i allowed to post rules questions on fg forum that has no bearing on fg at all?

tahl_liadon
April 12th, 2020, 19:17
not sure what rules are so question:

i posted a question on paizo forum and it's really slow over there, esp for pathfinder 1 stuff since they've stopped developing it.

wondering if it's cool to post here and see if peep have some feedback, and if i can, which room is good for it?

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 19:19
You can, but whether you get an answer or not.... :)

tahl_liadon
April 12th, 2020, 19:22

You can, but whether you get an answer or not.... :)

cool.

here's what i asked over there:

monk flurry of blows and natural weapons...

according to rule, natural weapon attacks are not allowed as additional attacks when making flurry of blows:

[last sentence of rule] A monk cannot use any weapon other than an unarmed strike or a special monk weapon as part of a flurry of blows. A monk with natural weapons cannot use such weapons as part of a flurry of blows, nor can he make natural attacks in addition to his flurry of blows attacks.

there is this creature: reborn brother (ghoulish human ex-brother of the seal 1/ex-monk 5 (pathfinder rpg horror adventures 248, pathfinder campaign setting: paths of prestige 14)

in the stats for melee attack:
melee bite +6 (1d6+3 plus paralysis and disease) or flurry of blows +8/+8/+3 (1d8+3), bite +1 (1d6+1 plus paralysis and disease), 2 claws +1 (1d4+1 plus paralysis)

after "or" all the attacks are separated by commas, and per paizo pf convention, comma means "and" when used this way. so, this creature would be able to flurry of blows and bite and claws in a full round action attack.

so, is this a special attack this creature has, or did writer overlooked the flurry of blows rule?

Trenloe
April 12th, 2020, 19:25
I've moved this to the 3.5E/PF forum. If you're asking questions to do with a specific RPG system you're best asking them in that forum! :)

tahl_liadon
April 12th, 2020, 19:27
I've moved this to the 3.5E/PF forum. If you're asking questions to do with a specific RPG system you're best asking them in that forum! :)

got it. thx

Blahness98
April 12th, 2020, 19:31
What they are doing Tahl is a flurry of blows followed by a bite and 2 claws. In this case, the flurry is going to be done with kicks or elbows. Then they are going to use two weapon fighting causing the natural attacks to become secondary natural attacks at a -5 penalty

tahl_liadon
April 12th, 2020, 19:41
What they are doing Tahl is a flurry of blows followed by a bite and 2 claws. In this case, the flurry is going to be done with kicks or elbows. Then they are going to use two weapon fighting causing the natural attacks to become secondary natural attacks at a -5 penalty

the second part of what you're saying make sense, of course, and i see the penalties; but i am thinking of the first part where the rules just makes it stop right there when you do flurry of blows... no additional attacks, period, if natural weapons/attacks.

i am not seeing any circumstantial condition that says otherwise... maybe gm can rule that this is just this creature's special ability that allows it to do so?

Blahness98
April 12th, 2020, 19:46
This was debated on the Paizo forums, after a little research, a designer chimed in and stated Flurry is it's own full round action and the following natural attacks could not occur as the flurry would be the only action the character would get

tahl_liadon
April 12th, 2020, 19:54
This was debated on the Paizo forums, after a little research, a designer chimed in and stated Flurry is it's own full round action and the following natural attacks could not occur as the flurry would be the only action the character would get

oh thx for finding that... plz share link.

this means gm would have to decide to whether allow additional natural attacks for this creature special case (or some other balanced house ruling), or stick with raw.

Blahness98
April 12th, 2020, 20:07
Here is your link. (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2s90q?Unchained-Monk-Natural-Attacks-with-Flurry#6)