PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate License Upgrade question

Ordinary Guy
April 12th, 2020, 18:02
So I bought the Ultimate License Upgrade on steam, that isn't for Unity? Is that a separate purchase or something? Please and Thank You for the help!

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 18:15
Hi Ordinary, welcome to FG.

Yes, that is for Classic. Unity isn't available yet on Steam and yes it is a separate purchase. If you haven't used the license you may be able to get a refund from Steam.

Fear Grounds
April 12th, 2020, 18:17
Fantasy Grounds Unity is still in beta testing, and not available on Steam. It will become available after beta testing is complete.

What you purchased is the ultimate license upgrade for Fantasy Grounds Classic.

If this is not what you wanted, you should be able to get a refund from Steam, if you submit your request quickly. Steam has a very short return window, where as Fantasy Grounds gives you a full 30 days to try something out.

Ordinary Guy
April 12th, 2020, 20:14
I don't think I'll be able to get a refund. Will my purchases carry over if I but Unity when it comes out?

Fear Grounds
April 12th, 2020, 20:30
I just checked with Steam. Their return policy is 14 days for content that has been played for less than 2 hours. So since the upgrade did not work with Unity, you should have no issue getting a refund.

This is of course, assuming you did not upgrade your fantasy grounds classic, and use it instead.

LordEntrails
April 13th, 2020, 01:02
DLC purchased will work with both FGC and FGU.

A license of FGC gives you a discount on FGU licenses, I expect that to be true at any time.

Battlemarch
April 18th, 2020, 05:38
If I purchase the FGC ultimate license, and then purchase the FGU ultimate license at the discount price, can I still use my FGC license or does upgrading at the discount price negate my old license?

Bonkon
April 18th, 2020, 06:55
Good Day Battlemarch :)
They are completely separate systems so you would have access to both and any download content you have purchased will be usable on both accounts. :)