PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering if I can run 2 Fx effects separately on the map?

Bizmal
April 12th, 2020, 16:12
I don't see a way but maybe I missed it.

Example: Can I have a battle map with snow and then have a lake or ocean side with the water effect?

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 16:16
Only one allowed.

ajd btw
April 14th, 2020, 21:22
I've been able to have two FX layers on the same battlemap.
Here's an example of how I went about it:
First, I brought my battlemap into photoshop and separated the water from the rest of the map and put the "ocean" FX layer on top of the water layer
Then I added the land layer on top of the previous two layers
I then added an FX layer on top of the land, which allows me to put rain/snow/etc on top of the entire map, as well as having the animated water.

And here's that same example with some of the less subtle FX to show you what's going on.

StoryWeaver
April 15th, 2020, 02:08
While I've not done such intricate layering like ajd here above, very creative use of what we have available at the moment by the way.
I've created some interesting effects. Such as a ship battle, with a background layer of an ocean, with the ocean effect on top, then an image of a ship above that.
Sometimes I'll stack effects of the same type to intensify the effect. Like for example two rain / snow / blizzard effects layered for a more intense weather condition.