PDA

View Full Version : Assign Player Group Token With LOS

qdwag
April 12th, 2020, 04:06
Hey guys, is there a way to assign a group token to my players for running around the map, rather than having multiple character tokens moving around? I want the group token to make use of the line of sight feature

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 11:39
Yes you could create an NPC called 'Party' or whatever and give one of the players control of that NPC and they could move it around. The players would leave their tokens at the start of the map or whatever. Then when they enter combat you would move their tokens to the room that they needed to be. (Hold down SHIFT whilst you drag their tokens so that you don't accidentally reveal any LOS that they haven't seen).

Also I haven't tested this but it should work I think

superteddy57
April 12th, 2020, 13:01
What my personal group did was give me a marching order and the player in the lead was the party token. Plus it helped me remember who was the one springing all the traps :)

qdwag
April 12th, 2020, 18:43
@zacchaeus how do I "give" control of the NPC token to the players? I don't recall ever seeing that option in the contextual menu?

Zacchaeus
April 12th, 2020, 18:51
@zacchaeus how do I "give" control of the NPC token to the players? I don't recall ever seeing that option in the contextual menu?

Video to the rescue https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43513-Video-Giving-player-control-of-an-NPC&p=387176#post387176

qdwag
April 12th, 2020, 18:51
THank you so much :)