PDA

View Full Version : Downgrade From Ultimate?

MaxAstro
April 12th, 2020, 04:00
Here's my situation: I have Fantasy Grounds Classic Ultimate. I used to run game off my tablet. However, I got a shiny new desktop, so now I run game from that. Installing FGU on the desktop went fine. However, I'd now like to switch the tablet back to demo version so that I can use it for testing purposes. I can't figure out how to do that, though. I tried going into the settings and clearing out the license key and username, but it just keeps kicking me back to settings saying the license key is invalid (side note - it seems to become impossible to close the program without using the task manager at that point; kinda annoying).

Do I just need to delete my Fantasy Grounds folder entirely and reinstall, or is there another way?

LordEntrails
April 12th, 2020, 04:16
Huh, I'm a bit confused.

You have a tablet with FGC and an ultimate license entered.
You have a PC with FGU installed and you are trying to use your FGC license?

So I've never had problems deleting my license key from FGC. Do you use the 'Clear' button and then 'OK"? That should work. If not, you could completely uninstall and reinstall, or you could remove the license key entry from the Registry. (If you are comfortable working in the registry).

Note that you rFGC license will not work for FGU. Just in case that was part of what you were trying.

MaxAstro
April 12th, 2020, 04:42
Sorry, sorry, acronym confusion. The desktop PC is also Classic ultimate. I moved the license from the tablet to the desktop.

Yeah, clearing the license field did not seem to work, it keeps giving me "invalid license key". I guess I'll just delete and reinstall...

damned
April 12th, 2020, 07:06
Remove the license and rerun the updater.