PDA

View Full Version : Classic D&D A0-A4 Against the Slave Lords

Blackwolf
April 11th, 2020, 22:30
The book can also be run using the new D&D Next (or fifth edition) play-test rules, by incorporating the bestiary PDF in the June 7th, 2013 D&D Next Play-test document available from the Wizards of the Coast Website. Does that mean this module is 5E compatible or not? Was that only for the print version and should not have been copied over to this digital version.

If this Set of modules was only meant for second edition Rules why place this sentence in the advertising? Or is the set supposed to be Downloadable for 5E too?

Is there a way to make these modules available for use with 5E, as I would like to run them but not as 2E?

LordEntrails
April 12th, 2020, 04:35
I don't know the answer to your first question. Sounds like that is text provided by WotC for the description and may not have been validated for FG use.

The second question, you can use this module in 5E using this extension; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41034-Universal-Module-Extension

But, things like NPCs and Items will probably throw errors and you will have to add/redo those.

Blackwolf
April 12th, 2020, 21:48
Thanks Entrails I have been wanting to run this one for some time but I just cant go back to 2E again.

GunbunnyFuFu
April 13th, 2020, 02:42
If you look at DMs Guild, they have a series called Classic Modules Today. Part of that is the A series that was rewritten for 5e. While not great conversions, they will give you an idea of what is possible with converting the modules to 5e. They do allow you to run the module directly under 5e, however, be prepared to be underwhelmed. If you take the modules as presented, your party of adventurers will walk through the adventure. So you'll need to toughen up the bad guys, or replace them with more appropriate monsters.

GBFF