PDA

View Full Version : Wolves of Welton - One shot - 5e for new players with a new DM

Lucius Warbaby
April 11th, 2020, 22:29
I am transitioning my home game to Fantasy Grounds and I want to get the hang of DMing online. In real life I have been a DM for many years (dating back to 1992 and 2e if you want to know!).

So I want to run a one shot to show me the ropes. I've seen more youtube videos about FG than I can remember so I want to be able to put some of this knowledge into practice. Ideally I want new players so they'll be less annoyed with me as I learn the ropes. This is a one shot. About 3 hours long.

FG License: DM is running Unity and has an ultimate licence with all 5e Core books. Ideally players should have demo and player's handbook, or Standard and player's handbook (simply so they can look up stuff and they don't have to rely on DM signing on at non-playing times.
Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Time Zone: Mountain Standard
Day of week and time: One shot Thursday, April 16 930pm-1230am
:

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord or Google Hangouts, I'm flexible on this.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 25 /75 role play /combat mix. I like monsters. I like throwing a lot of monsters at PCs
Number of Players in game & needed:4 players needed.
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 with one DM approved magic item.
Character restrictions: Any official D&D races, classes excluding unearthed arcana.

Details of your scenario: Wolves of Welton is a one shot scenario where a town on the outskirts of civilization is having problem with a wolves taking their livestock. The PC will be sent to investigate the problem. All hell breaks loose.

bgarner
April 12th, 2020, 03:02
I'm new to FG. I have played DnD before and would like to get back into it. This sounds like this would work for me. I am also MST. Let me know and thank you.

WhiskeyBacon
April 12th, 2020, 03:34
I'd be up for Wolves of Welton!
I'm brand new to FG and PST.

KaiZayne
April 12th, 2020, 04:19
I’m gonna try to dm a ravnica campaign so would love a one shot testing the waters. Fairly new to dnd and online but have the core books. Pm me if you still have a slot

bgarner
April 13th, 2020, 18:07
I only have FG classic. If they aren't compatible then please withdraw my name. Thank you

Frunobulax
April 13th, 2020, 22:53
You should probably move this to the One-Shot subforum.