PDA

View Full Version : Performance in Windows VM

NoxCorvid
April 11th, 2020, 19:58
Hello,

I am running the FGU Unity client on a Windows 10 guest with a Linux host, using VirtualBox. I am getting pretty poor performance, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to improve it. Pretty much every aspect of game play is sluggish; text rendering, animation is delayed and choppy, user input, like panning the map, is delayed and choppy.

My VM is setup with 20 GB main memory, 128 MB video memory, and 4 Xeon 3.7 GHz cores. I have the VM configured to include support for 2D and 3D hardware acceleration. Nothing significant is running in the background on either Windows or Linux.

I am not running with a very powerful video card, but I just realized I have 2GB of total memory available, so the first thing I should do is increase the video memory allocated to the VM to something larger, like 1 GB... Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks!

pindercarl
April 11th, 2020, 20:02
Hello,

I am running the FGU Unity client on a Windows 10 guest with a Linux host, using VirtualBox. I am getting pretty poor performance, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to improve it. Pretty much every aspect of game play is sluggish; text rendering, animation is delayed and choppy, user input, like panning the map, is delayed and choppy.

My VM is setup with 20 GB main memory, 128 MB video memory, and 4 Xeon 3.7 GHz cores. I have the VM configured to include support for 2D and 3D hardware acceleration. Nothing significant is running in the background on either Windows or Linux.

I am not running with a very powerful video card, but I just realized I have 2GB of total memory available, so the first thing I should do is increase the video memory allocated to the VM to something larger, like 1 GB... Is there anything else I should do?

Thanks!

If I recall the minimum recommended spec for the GPU is 2GB. It's at least 1GB.

NoxCorvid
April 11th, 2020, 20:04
Ah, Ok. That definitely sounds like the issue. Thank you. I'll bump up the video memory next time.