PDA

View Full Version : FG and my kids

Kalorous
April 11th, 2020, 19:21
I'm giving FGU a try, I subbed for Ultimate for the month.

I'm just wondering if there'd be any issues signing up for accounts here for my kids, they're 5 and 7.

Just curious because I've had problems before due to their ages.

LordEntrails
April 11th, 2020, 19:27
Good question. I've never heard anyone ask and I don't remember if the account creation asks for ages...

If you have any problems, reach out to [email protected] and they can give you a definitive answer

Moon Wizard
April 11th, 2020, 19:28
You can either set up multiple accounts for yourself to use on their installs to allow them to connect to your GM machine (but otherwise your kids won't use); or if you want them to actually have access to forums, we would need a COPPA form filled out for each account. If you want to do that, please send a note to [email protected].

Regards,
JPG

damned
April 12th, 2020, 01:34
I played with 4 young uns yesterday - 10, 12, 13, 14 and attention spans were still hard at times for those ages.
I think you will struggle with a computer based RPG session for kids that age but I hope it works out!

Kalorous
April 12th, 2020, 05:48
Thanks for the replies, I ended up making extra accounts for myself.

It was rough going for our first round, they are 5 and 7 so they got distracted every ten seconds or so =P
I think we may be ok moving forward though, once they start to learn the flow of the game

damned
April 12th, 2020, 07:16
especially for young-uns look at how Dungeon World plays. it can be hard to get your head around as a GM at first but its a play style that kids get instinctively. and keeping their attention is easier when you name them each time you want them to act - The Goblin draws her sword! what do you do Salazar?