PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] [5E] Sea of Outlaws: Pirates Wanted!

Famine
April 11th, 2020, 16:52
FG License: Ultimate FGU
Game System: D&D 5E (DMG, PHB, MM, MTOF, Volo, XGE, C&C)

Time Zone: EDT (GMT - 4)
Day of week and time: Every Tuesday, 8PM or every other Tuesday if players need space.
If new game, planned start date: April 14th, 2020
Planned Duration & Frequency: 2 - 4 hours depending on players
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice (will alter for disabilities)
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? MAY Record for YouTube, no LiveStream

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 mix of Roleplay/Combat
Number of Players in game & needed: 3 - 5 players
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: Most be something compatible with pirate/sailor trades/backstories

Details of your scenario:

Sea of Outlaws is a homebrew that I have been working on for some time. The campaign is designed for mostly sea-based encounters wrapped around the Captains & Cannons supplement that defines the mechanics, rules, and various other things with boat-to-boat combat.

As a player, you will begin your journey as a pirate aboard a pirate vessel that is on a quest to intercept, capture, and grow fat off the backs of the trade routes in the Isle of Cholmian. You will face a number of challenging encounters mostly at sea, but also at land. This may or may not include fighting giant sea monsters, rising up against a nation, being hung for treason, being left for dead on a small island, and or getting drunk enough to fall off a boat and drown your character.

This is a campaign for pirates only, not your over dramatic elves. Leave your hair gel at home and bring rum.

Other Notes:

Private Message me some details about a character concept. I don't need a full book of details. Just a concept. New and experienced players welcome!

Give me some times in EDT (GMT-4) that we can do a player interview to introduce myself and get a feel if you are a good fit for the group. Interviews will be conducted over discord, must have working comms and speak English. Expect the duration of interview to be between 15 - 30 minutes of your time.

Please note, this may be heavy in story and looking for mostly players who want to role-play more than minmaxers. While the campaign does provide a path to success, I'm hoping to find players who are looking for a campaign to take the game in directions I haven't yet found yet.

About the GM

I have been running Pathfinder and D&D games off and on for many years. Some good, some bad. I have recently been playing mostly with friends to help improve some of my weaknesses and looking to expand back out to the public again. I'm 37, married with 2 kids, and work full-time in North Carolina. Thus, if you are also a parent or work full-time, this may be a great game for you.

I love a good mix of both role-play and combat. I try to be a open GM in the sense of focusing on empowering my players to take me where they think the story should go.

I'm also a 15-year veteran of EVE Online as one of the oldest active pirates in that game. Hence the campaign theme. :pirate:

seecat46
April 12th, 2020, 06:20
When you say time zone Eastern UTZ, do you mean east coast time USA GMT-4?

Famine
April 14th, 2020, 04:23
When you say time zone Eastern UTZ, do you mean east coast time USA GMT-4?

Yes, east coast US Timezone or EDT (GMT-4).

Famine
April 14th, 2020, 05:25
Updated with calendar.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4554

legendentity
April 14th, 2020, 05:33
I did just post looking for a DM, we happen to be the exact 3-5 players. 2 are brand new newbs though. I've only had 2 campaign experiences(but I research heavily), 1 friend is pretty D&D experienced in 3.5, and one I'm unsure, but I know he has played before.
We're not picky about the campaign, as some just want to learn how to roll the die, and a pirate home brew sounds like fun! Tuesdays shouldn't be a problem for us (just can't run too late, unlike fridays)

here's a link of my post for you convenience
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?56198-LFDM-3-5-Player-Weeknights-Fri-preferred-EST-prefer-5e-for-newbs

i3ullseye
April 14th, 2020, 05:36
Was this moved to Thursday intentionally on the calendar? I am interested.

KrptDrgn
April 14th, 2020, 12:19
Are you still needing players? Am interested and have a few sailor types available. =) Will discuss more if there is space available, either through discord or through pm. Hope to hear from you soon.

Famine
April 14th, 2020, 14:08
I'm sorry guys, it's every Tuesday. Was late last night and I attend another game every Thursday.

Yes, every Tuesday or every other Tuesday is the planned day.

Famine
April 14th, 2020, 14:09
Correct date added.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4554

GhostPhoenix
April 14th, 2020, 16:52
Super new to Fantasy Grounds, but would love to join you on this adventure if there is room

Famine
April 18th, 2020, 15:09
Still looking. Starting to do character interviews.

Will shoot for next week for Session 0 if people can make it. Session 0 will just be introductions and character creation. So, not a full session if I can get enough people.

Player interviews will be conducted on Discord and take about 15 - 20 minutes of your time. After the interview, you'll be notified if you're in or not.

Interviews are to see if your attitude, goals, and style mesh with the theme and group. That way I can ensure I get a good group with same ideals. Not every game is a good fit and that's okies!

DenverDrew
April 19th, 2020, 01:26
I'm definetely interested in joining up. I've consistently DMed 2 weekly games in 5e for the last few years. I am RP focused and interested in playing a character with an interesting story that's specific to the campaign. I have a deep knowledge of the rules, discord, FG classic and fgu ultimate licenses and all the necessary add ons to play. Let's roll some dice and tell some stories together!

Kelebrimbal
April 20th, 2020, 03:58
Famine,

Hello, Not sure if you are still looking for players. I am Interested in playing. Middle of week (Tuesday-Thurs) works for me; as well as the time. on CST (Texas). I am new to D&D 5e and Fantasy grounds. I played D&D 30 years ago and only recently got back into it because of my kids. I have a FG Ultimate license for Unity and i just started running a modified version of Ghosts of Salt Marsh as GM for them. I am learning the ropes with FG and DMing. I wanted to play to understand what I'm supposed to be doing and enjoy theme. I would likely be interested in playing a Druid ( Circle of Land -Sea) or a Ranger/swashbuckler. let me know.

MichaelBean
April 26th, 2020, 00:48
Are you still looking for players? The campaign sounds very interesting. I'm 40 with 2 kids in North Carolina so your post struck a chord :)