PDA

View Full Version : Connectivity Issues on port 1802 only for Fantasy Grounds

GabrielFerrarini
April 11th, 2020, 15:15
Hi, All.

2 months ago I was able to host a game with FG but something's going on and it doesn't work anymore. I am pretty sure the issue is not with port forwarding (for port 1802 at least).

Here's my tracert to google 33452.

How do I know the issue is not port forwarding (for port 1802)? Because if I close FG and start a web server in the same port (33454) the port test works 33453. I reset my firewall settings to defaults so that I got the default prompt requesting access which I allowed of course. Even if I disable the Firewall it won't work.
My network is PRIVATE.

The only reason I see different from other people is that I am in South America and I've read that it can be the reason why. However this is an obscure explanation which doesn't really explain anything, specially considering the first thing I said. I WAS able to host a game 2 months ago with these very same settings.

Is anyone able to help?

damned
April 11th, 2020, 17:19
Hi mate - please look at the Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained post and answer all 7 questions.

GabrielFerrarini
April 11th, 2020, 17:43
Hi mate - please look at the Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained post and answer all 7 questions.

1. Your LAN IP Address: 192.168.0.100 - This is fixed in my router for my MAC address
2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router: 187.107
3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both): Wireless
4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private: It is private
5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions: Windows Firewall (I deactivated it. And I deactivated the router firewall as well)
6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to): 33475
7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made: 33476

damned
April 12th, 2020, 01:43
Hi GabrielFerrarini

Brazilian ISPs almost never give you IPv4 Port Forward access.
Please contact your ISP and tell them you have a home security system that needs IPv4 Port Forwarding to manage and they may enable it for you.
Otherwise please look at the Port Forwarding alternatives.

GabrielFerrarini
April 12th, 2020, 15:32
Hi GabrielFerrarini

Brazilian ISPs almost never give you IPv4 Port Forward access.
Please contact your ISP and tell them you have a home security system that needs IPv4 Port Forwarding to manage and they may enable it for you.
Otherwise please look at the Port Forwarding alternatives.

I have port forwarding working because I had to be put out of CGNAT and be given a public IP address since I need that for work. That said, I tested port forwarding with port 1802 by setting a a webserver in my computer in that port 33534, and testing it with CanYouSeeMe 33535. It works, except if it's Fantasy Grounds listening on that port. Also, it was working two months ago and it stopped working all of a sudden. No change in settings.

damned
April 13th, 2020, 02:28
You havent posted evidence of your WAN IP address as shown by your router.
Please do a netstat -b -a -p tcp | more and confirm FG is listening

GabrielFerrarini
April 13th, 2020, 02:36
There you go.

My IP as shown by FG: 33566
My IP as show by my modem: 33568
FG Listening on port 1802: 33569

GabrielFerrarini
April 13th, 2020, 02:44
And before you ask, here are my firewall rules 33571. "Qualquer" means "Any". And as I said, I deactivated the firewall and nothing changed.

damned
April 13th, 2020, 02:46
There you go.

My IP as shown by FG: 33566
My IP as show by my modem: 33568
FG Listening on port 1802: 33569

There is some sort of wonkiness going on here.

Is your screenshot your Modem or your Router?
Your screenshot shows a gateway IP address that is NOT shown in the tracert.
What happens if you try and browse to 10.28.128.1?

However all of that aside.
If you can see connections hitting your webserver running on TCP1802 then the same rules could/should work on FG
So it may be your ANtivirus or Windows Firewall

Please close fantasy grounds
Please delete the Fantasy Grounds firewall rules in Windows Firewall
Launch FG and then ALLOW ALL when windows prompts
Please post a screenshot of the windows firewall rules list including FantasyGrounds

Additionally you might try disabling your virtual nics whole testing.

GabrielFerrarini
April 13th, 2020, 04:57
There is some sort of wonkiness going on here.

Is your screenshot your Modem or your Router?
Your screenshot shows a gateway IP address that is NOT shown in the tracert.
What happens if you try and browse to 10.28.128.1?

However all of that aside.
If you can see connections hitting your webserver running on TCP1802 then the same rules could/should work on FG
So it may be your ANtivirus or Windows Firewall

Please close fantasy grounds
Please delete the Fantasy Grounds firewall rules in Windows Firewall
Launch FG and then ALLOW ALL when windows prompts
Please post a screenshot of the windows firewall rules list including FantasyGrounds

Additionally you might try disabling your virtual nics whole testing.

My modem is my router. Browsing to 10.28.128.1 leads to a timeout error in browser.

It seems that FG is not happy about the Hyper-V virtual ethernet adapters. Disabling all of them makes it work. 33582 33583

I wonder if something changed in one of the last FG releases, considering I was able to host a couple months ago. I have these Hyper-V virtual adapters for longer than I can remember because I rely on WSL for development at work.

LordEntrails
April 13th, 2020, 06:05
I had VM Adapters, I just went into the registry and set the order so that the internet adapter was primary/first.

damned
April 13th, 2020, 06:14
My modem is my router. Browsing to 10.28.128.1 leads to a timeout error in browser.

It seems that FG is not happy about the Hyper-V virtual ethernet adapters. Disabling all of them makes it work. 33582 33583

I wonder if something changed in one of the last FG releases, considering I was able to host a couple months ago. I have these Hyper-V virtual adapters for longer than I can remember because I rely on WSL for development at work.

Glad its working.
More likely its changes in Windows.
FGC has had no networking changes in the last 12 months.

GabrielFerrarini
April 13th, 2020, 21:59
This info should be added to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47051-Fantasy-Grounds-Connections-Explained.
It would have spared me 3 days of investigation, moving all my game to Roll20 and now moving it back.