PDA

View Full Version : Chat box

sallerin
April 11th, 2020, 10:53
I changed the size of the chat box, it is well preserved from one session to the other but not the position.

MadBeardMan
April 11th, 2020, 15:48
I changed the size of the chat box, it is well preserved from one session to the other but not the position.

Hi, I've just moved the chat box, closed FG down, restarted, re-loaded my campaign and it's where I placed it.

When you moved it, did you lock it again? That's what I did, unlock, move, lock.

Cheers,
MBM

sallerin
April 11th, 2020, 15:53
Erf... that's the problem, i was mystified by the conservation of size without lock...
So sorry :)

MadBeardMan
April 11th, 2020, 15:56
Erf... that's the problem, i was mystified by the conservation of size without lock...
So sorry :)

Don't be sorry if you ask a question, nothing worse than getting frustrated about something and never getting it solved.

Cheers,
MBM

sallerin
April 11th, 2020, 16:23
Have a nice day :)

Jim Bennett
April 19th, 2020, 20:00
YES...re chat box...As gamemaster I want to add some welcoming remarks initially and preserve them for players in the Chat...and then preserve other chat that occurs between players...
Is this possible?

MadBeardMan
April 19th, 2020, 20:05
YES...re chat box...As gamemaster I want to add some welcoming remarks initially and preserve them for players in the Chat...and then preserve other chat that occurs between players...
Is this possible?

Hello,

There's a module called 'Message of the Day' (MotD) - that will give you the welcome message, but it'll disappear up the chat window as that's where all output goes. Anything more permanent, I'd look at possibly making a decal/MOD to display it on screen somewhere.

Cheers,
MBM

Jim Bennett
April 19th, 2020, 20:12
Hello,

There's a module called 'Message of the Day' (MotD) - that will give you the welcome message, but it'll disappear up the chat window as that's where all output goes. Anything more permanent, I'd look at possibly making a decal/MOD to display it on screen somewhere.

Cheers,
MBM

Thanks to MadBearMan in UK re "chat" window...make "decal/MOD"... helpful hint please

MadBeardMan
April 19th, 2020, 20:22
Hello,

Alas there is no helpful hint, making a MOD to add a Decal etc is not for beginners. I'd recommend the Message of the Day extension, see if that suffices.

Cheers,
MBM

Jim Bennett
April 19th, 2020, 20:26
Good answer and very wise of you...