PDA

View Full Version : Aeons End like, card cased, initiative system (not savage worlds)?

shanytopper
April 11th, 2020, 09:56
Hi guys

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, and I want to use in my game an initiative system that is based on cards.

I have some specific requirements I want, and I wonder if they are achievable, maybe with some macro scripting?

Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Here is the flow as designed.

1- The gm place inside the deck 2 cards for each character and each monster group.

2- The deck get shuffled.

3- Each turn, a card get drawn face up. This is the active character (or monster group)

4- Once drawn, the card is sent to the discard pile

5- Once the deck is empty, the discard pile is reshuffled to create a new deck.

6- Some characters and monsters have the ability the draw several cards at once and re-arrange them: some to the top of the deck in a specific order, some to the bottom.

7- Some characters and monsters have the ability to add to the discard pile new, special, cards. (for example, a haste spell allows you to add an extra card for the target)

Can it be done?

If so, how?

Much thanks in advance!

superteddy57
April 11th, 2020, 14:22
This would have to be built similar to Savage Worlds as an extension or ruleset. A quicker lets automated way could be using the Basic Card Extension on Core based rulesets. This will open tables to be used like decks of cards. But you may have to come up with a number system to represent the cards so the actors are placed in the correct order. You can check it out here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions&highlight=basic+card+extension.