PDA

View Full Version : How do I Effect Code Pact of the Talisman

GlassGEO
April 11th, 2020, 02:48
Hi!

Im having trouble figuring out how I would code the Pact of the Talisman.

It grants +1d4 to all skill rolls the wearer (target) is NOT PROFICIENT With.

I know how to add 1d4 to all skills, or even specific skills. Is there a way to tag all Prof skills and thereby !Tag all non prof skills?

LordEntrails
April 11th, 2020, 03:28
FG won't be able to add an effect that only adds to non-proficient rolls. You'l either need to jut add a 1d4 roll to the modifier box prior to the save roll, or make an effect and turn it on/off as needed. (SAV: 1d4)

GlassGEO
April 11th, 2020, 03:41
Darn.

I had an idea of adding 1d4 to all skills, then -1d4 to the specific skills the character is prof with, but that a) only works for the caster, cuz we can code those specific skills) and b) +1d4 -1d4 isnt always a wash of course

Zacchaeus
April 11th, 2020, 11:00
Yes you can do this. Create an effect which is limited to just the non proficient skills. So SKILL: 1d4, athletics, investigation, perception etc

GlassGEO
April 11th, 2020, 18:58
Yes you can do this. Create an effect which is limited to just the non proficient skills. So SKILL: 1d4, athletics, investigation, perception etc

Yeah, I k ew that would work, but then that effect is gonna be SUPER long and have to always be on their sheet. Unless there's a way to hide the effect code, and just display the name?

Also, technically the bonus can be given to another character, because they can let anyone use their talisman.

Zacchaeus
April 11th, 2020, 19:23
Yeah, I k ew that would work, but then that effect is gonna be SUPER long and have to always be on their sheet. Unless there's a way to hide the effect code, and just display the name?

Also, technically the bonus can be given to another character, because they can let anyone use their talisman.

There isn't any other way to do it. And the effect can be placed on the character or anyone else.