PDA

View Full Version : Rolls not adding modifiers

Apocrypha
April 11th, 2020, 01:22
Playing a session of D&D 5e tonight on version 2020-04-04 as a player (everyone is on same version) and looks like none of our rolls (Skill checks, ability checks, attacks, saving throws) are adding the modifiers. eg: My STR saving throw is +5...I roll by clicking in the modifier field and the D20 rolls a 4...the modifier isn't added. What's happening here? I'm certain it worked properly last version. Shouldn't this work when not in Combat?

EDIT: To be clear, the modifiers for attacks and saving throws DO work in the proper context however a player should be able to make a skill check when asked and FG should automatically add the modifiers. No?

Tartalacame
April 11th, 2020, 03:13
Yes.
I too noticed that the general option "Chat: Show roll totals" is now gone since the last (?) update.
I tested it last week and it was working as intended.

The bug isn't only 5E. It's also on 3.5/PFRPG.

LordEntrails
April 11th, 2020, 03:26
Already reported and being tracked; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55948-Chat-No-Longer-Showing-Sum

Moon Wizard
April 11th, 2020, 06:38
Just pushed a quick fix to address this. The option has been removed in FGU, since dice expressions are now always shown in the chat results. Please run a new Update to get the latest data files.

Regards,
JPG

Apocrypha
April 11th, 2020, 06:54
Great! Its working again.