PDA

View Full Version : LOS best way to make a pit or ditch?

Boldtaar
April 10th, 2020, 19:10
I´m experiment with the using LOS maps for the first time.
What best the best way to make a way to make a pit or ditch?

I guess a easy way is to Set always invisible util PC´s get close for token in the pit/ditch.
But I try to use the terrain future but I kinda need it to work in reverse. Want to see over the terrain but not down in to it.

See my example

Zacchaeus
April 10th, 2020, 19:26
Difficult one. You can draw a terrain occluder around each edge which will allow the PCs to see the edge but not into the pit until they are close enough. However they won't be able to also see beyond that to the opposite side of the pit either.

pindercarl
April 10th, 2020, 20:39
I´m experiment with the using LOS maps for the first time.
What best the best way to make a way to make a pit or ditch?

I guess a easy way is to Set always invisible util PC´s get close for token in the pit/ditch.
But I try to use the terrain future but I kinda need it to work in reverse. Want to see over the terrain but not down in to it.

See my example

You would have to toggle the section on and off manually, but I might consider using a secret door. That way the players would not see a door icon on their maps.

LordEntrails
April 10th, 2020, 21:24
You would have to toggle the section on and off manually, but I might consider using a secret door. That way the players would not see a door icon on their maps.
Creative! Nice idea Carl :)

ddavison
April 10th, 2020, 21:41

Wouldn't it show up as a solid walled area where the pit was?

Zacchaeus
April 10th, 2020, 21:42

Yes, unless of course Carl knows something we don't :)

ddavison
April 10th, 2020, 21:56
Well, he does know lots of things I don't know.

pindercarl
April 10th, 2020, 22:29

It would, but that seemed like the poster's intention.

ddavison
April 10th, 2020, 22:40
The problem is that you can’t see over the pit. People standing on opposite sides would not be able to see each other.

pindercarl
April 10th, 2020, 23:03
The problem is that you can’t see over the pit. People standing on opposite sides would not be able to see each other.

Yeah. Fair point. You could create a graphic the size and shape of the pit and use it as a layer to cover the pit. When it's time to reveal, you would hide the layer.

Boldtaar
April 12th, 2020, 12:55
yes a texture hiding the pit seems to be the best option.

thanks for the input