PDA

View Full Version : Everything deleted after update

Tenebris
April 10th, 2020, 18:58
I have lost my campaign, maps, tokens, and all of the custom npcs I have built over the years after running my update. Is there any way to restore?

Edit: Discovered that the update rerouted my data folder and created a new one that was empty. I was able to locate the original data folder and reroute FG back to the correct location.

damned
April 11th, 2020, 01:14
Phew!

Nylanfs
April 13th, 2020, 19:59
Backup the backup, then backup the backup of the backup to an offline drive, then print hard copy of the backup of the backup of the backup.

Trenloe
April 13th, 2020, 20:08
Something new in FGU - if you change the channel (e.g. from Live to Test) then a <FG app data>\channels\test (for example) whole directory structure is created which is where the campaigns, modules, etc. will be accessed while running in that channel. It looks like it copies over data when you first switch, but I'm not sure of the exact process overall or for subsequent switches.

I'm not sure if that's what happened here. But something to keep in mind for those who swap channels...

Moon Wizard
April 13th, 2020, 20:53
Yes, channels have separate data spaces for campaigns in FGU. It's something that Doug felt was useful for fast switching between channels without incurring full updates in both directions; as well as to maintain deliberateness about what mode campaigns are run in.

Regards,
JPG