PDA

View Full Version : Errors when attempting to heal

TheFlyingGribble
April 10th, 2020, 10:35
Hi,

Newbie to FG (using FGU) and just experimenting before running a game with my group. I've been trying to figure out how targeted spells and powers work, so thought I'd try healing some wounds.

I have two characters set up in the combat tracker, one of which has wounds. I've tried to heal the wounds using Cure Light by doing the following in the combat tracker:

1. Set caster to the actor
2. CTRL-click on the wounded character to make them the target.
3. In the CT Action tab - press the 'Cast' icon alongside the CLW spell which shows a '[CAST] Cure Light Wounds [at Testy McTestFace]' message in the chat
4. In the CT Action tab - press the 'Heal' icon alongside the CLW spell to apply the effect to the wounded Testy McTestFace.

Instead of healing, I get an error window popup saying:

[4/10/2020 10:21:54 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_json.lua"]:139: Unjsonifiable type: undefined.

I also tried the same as a player instead of the DM with the same result.

I've set the CT up like this:

Any suggestions as to what's going wrong?

[EDIT: The 'Damage' icon - cause light wounds works ok]

Cheers,

TFG

sadwargamer
April 10th, 2020, 11:22
I also get this error.

damned
April 10th, 2020, 11:50
2E hasnt been confirmed for FGU yet

sadwargamer
April 10th, 2020, 11:53
What does not confirmed mean please (newbie here!)

TheFlyingGribble
April 13th, 2020, 09:51
2E hasnt been confirmed for FGU yet
Does that mean I should try and swap my subscription for a FGC licence - within the 30 days?

celestian
April 13th, 2020, 20:19
I was able to reproduce this in FGU. I've added a task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/31736118/) to track resolution.

This is not a issue with FGC so will have to figure out why FGU is unhappy.
B

TheFlyingGribble
April 13th, 2020, 20:36
Thanks - at least it's reproducible!

sadwargamer
April 13th, 2020, 22:54
Excellent thanks celestian

Norjax
April 14th, 2020, 00:25
Thank you!

celestian
April 16th, 2020, 04:43
I was able to reproduce this in FGU. I've added a task (https://freedcamp.com/adndmikes_project_tOw/ADD_Ruleset_q7K/todos/31736118/) to track resolution.

This is not a issue with FGC so will have to figure out why FGU is unhappy.

Found the issue and fixed. FGU seems to be a bit more particular about some empty values that FGC wasn't.

I won't be able to submit until Sunday which means the patch wont be until the update week after Tuesday.

TheFlyingGribble
April 16th, 2020, 08:07
Thanks Celestian!