PDA

View Full Version : FGU - Host Slowdown/choppiness

Mazzar
April 10th, 2020, 06:09
I noticed that the user interface becomes a little choppy (dice rolls, resizing windows, etc) when I have multiple players joining. When all players left, it was smooth again.

LordEntrails
April 10th, 2020, 17:50
Performance is a known issue. Though it's a high priority, there have been other things recently that have been more important. Note that when players connect, they have a bunch of info that has to be downloaded and this will cause FG to lag. Same things when images are shared and when you open large lists (like of hundred or thousands of Items).

Mazzar
April 10th, 2020, 18:46
Understandable. My players seem to think there is no slowdown on their end. I am noticing it as the Host. When they disconnect, it seems fast again. I have a new computer that is very beefy for gaming so I figured there might be something with allocating resources that are available for the host computers. Just pointing it out and putting it on record if it wasn't already there. The good news is that we did a good test last night and things worked well. I feel as though FGU is a major improvement with the mapping features. So I really would like to use it for my campaign moving forward.