PDA

View Full Version : LFG FGC Grognard New to FG, New to 5E; also interested in Starfinder

DungeonDave
April 10th, 2020, 04:50
As the subject line - Last time I played it was called AD&D and it was the 80s.

I've gotten the family back into having regular board game nights, and that triggered me wanting to play pencil and paper RPGs again. I was unable to drum up an in person game so, I'm giving FG a shot.

FG License: Fantasy Grounds Classic
Time Zone: Arizona NoDST (-7 UTC)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: For a M - F game, any time after 1630 hours ending by 2100 hrs my time would be perfect! Can go later on Friday nights, of course. For a Weekend game, I can support pretty much any time.
Term/frequency: I'm good with long term, or limited campaigns with a regular meeting day and time, but probably not more than once a week.
Voice: Have Discord and Skype and Team Speak.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E, Starfinder. I'd have to buy the digital starfinder books though.
Game System Experience: Played AD&D throughout the 80's along with: Traveller, Gamma World, Villains and Vigilantes, Marvel Superheros, FASA Star Trek RPG, Boot Hill, etc et al, and more board wargames than I care to name or remember (but God I loved Star Fleet Batlles!) Once I exited the service it was difficult/impossible to find groups, and I boxed up all my stuff and the hobby fell away.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I just downloaded FGC this week, and bought the bundle of 5E books containing the DMG, PHB, XGTE, etc.
Character Type Preferred: Back in the day I played mostly Rangers. One thing that really impresses me about 5E is how much more interesting the classes are and I'm interested to play things I haven't played. Like straight up fighter, or caster.
I had a very brief foray into a play by post 5E game where I created an evil character I would LOVE to explore more. Bottom line though, I want to try everything!

About Me: You've probably gleaned as much from the above as I could tell you here so, I'll just close this out and wish you all Good Games!

GunnarGreybeard
April 10th, 2020, 11:52
I might be re-activating a game that I had to put on hold in the middle of last year (real life interfered). It was Wednesday's but thinking to go with Friday evenings now due to this COVID crap and a recent job change. It's D&D 5e BUT has restrictions to 'try' and make it feel old school and to fit my world/setting. In case you want to have a look, the original LFP thread is HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47771-LFP-Homebrew-D-amp-D-5e-Game-Wednesdays&p=424708&viewfull=1#post424708).

On a side note, I loved Star Fleet Battles as well. Learned how to play it, and BattleTech, on the back ramp of our maintenance team's M113 outside of Safwan, Iraq.

DungeonDave
April 10th, 2020, 15:26
I might be re-activating a game that I had to put on hold in the middle of last year (real life interfered). It was Wednesday's but thinking to go with Friday evenings now due to this COVID crap and a recent job change. It's D&D 5e BUT has restrictions to 'try' and make it feel old school and to fit my world/setting. In case you want to have a look, the original LFP thread is HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47771-LFP-Homebrew-D-amp-D-5e-Game-Wednesdays&p=424708&viewfull=1#post424708).

On a side note, I loved Star Fleet Battles as well. Learned how to play it, and BattleTech, on the back ramp of our maintenance team's M113 outside of Safwan, Iraq.

Thanks! I'll check out the link! I'm not afraid to go totally new school though. I like a lot of what I am reading that didn't exist back in the day (feats, actions, reactions, etc) and, I figure, since I'm basically re-learning the game I may as well...well...learn the game. :D