PDA

View Full Version : Noob questions, can't find answers

keltheos
February 11th, 2007, 03:28
1. Where can I find the following information? ;)
2. Portraits appear in the character designer, but nowhere else. Am I missing where I can access them for showing to players (for NPC images), or should I be loading NPC images into the adventure as image items?
3. Tokens with pictures on them, how do I add them in? Currently I only have access to the tokens box, but would prefer some custom ones later on.
4. When players add their character info to a sheet and then connect to the game that character sheet is automatically connected to the game as well (assuming they click on the character), correct?
5. Besides the woefully incomplete user manual that comes with the game where should I look to find more 'manual' information? I have DL'ed Goblin King's excellent tutorial on modifying files.

Thanks!!

I've been digging around, but am having little luck figuring this stuff out. :(

MaineCoon
February 11th, 2007, 09:05
2. Portraits appear in the character designer, but nowhere else. Am I missing where I can access them for showing to players (for NPC images), or should I be loading NPC images into the adventure as image items?

Portraits are for players only. They place an image in their Portraits folder of the FG install, and may select that portrait for their character. It will then be converted and sent to the host, stored in the campaign's folder, and shared with everyone else.

Anything else should be either a token (if placed on a map/image) or an image in its own right.

3. Tokens with pictures on them, how do I add them in? Currently I only have access to the tokens box, but would prefer some custom ones later on.

Place new token images in the tokens/host folder of the FG install.

4. When players add their character info to a sheet and then connect to the game that character sheet is automatically connected to the game as well (assuming they click on the character), correct?

I believe, after they choose that character sheet, it is from that point forward stored on the host only, and local changes won't transfer to the host. I could very well be wrong.

That is all I can provide answers for.

Elf
February 11th, 2007, 14:44
Quote:

I believe, after they choose that character sheet, it is from that point forward stored on the host only, and local changes won't transfer to the host. I could very well be wrong.

Once they have connected there will be a copy on the host and on the local machine. The host copy (Server) is the one used from then on so a player must always select the Server copy when they log back in. Both copies do show on log in but the Local copy does not update at the same rate as the Server copy. I have been unable to figure out what triggers the update of the local copy.
If a player does select the Local copy it overwrites the Server copy causing a loss of whatever information was stored only in the Server copy.

keltheos
February 12th, 2007, 19:56
hey, thanks for those replies. That helps out quite a bit!