Redfern
April 9th, 2020, 22:02
looking for new users to Fantasy Grounds

DungeonDave
April 9th, 2020, 22:33
Present.

shezingzh
April 9th, 2020, 22:45
Same here. Learning slowly. FG Unity (standard license)

Henmen
April 9th, 2020, 22:55
Learning it slowly, so far I am liking everything about it.

Santiam
April 9th, 2020, 22:59
just got FG unity yesterday

Jroy
April 9th, 2020, 23:20
Brand new

Redfern
April 9th, 2020, 23:29
So how to we get a group going?

Santiam
April 9th, 2020, 23:39
who will be DM and do we all have same version? FG Unity not compatable with classic

Redfern
April 9th, 2020, 23:41
I have unity i believe i still havent figured out how to create a character yet heg

Santiam
April 9th, 2020, 23:50
get on youtube and look for Stoehovve hes doing a series on FG Unity. hes a bit long winded but very informative. ive been binge watching his videos last couple days. Cant make a character until you join a campaign and then the character is locked into that campaign. if you join another one you have to make a new toon

Redfern
April 9th, 2020, 23:53
So we need a DM first off then right? And he creates a game and we all join? Looks like we need a DM with patience for noobs hehe

Redfern
April 9th, 2020, 23:54
Right?

Redfern
April 10th, 2020, 00:38
everyone still here?

Redfern
April 10th, 2020, 00:45
grrr

Redfern
April 10th, 2020, 00:57
did we find us a DM?

Redfern
April 10th, 2020, 01:00
grrr

GunnarGreybeard
April 10th, 2020, 11:54
Didn't see it mentioned anywhere in this thread though I may have missed it. What system are you guys looking to play, D&D 5e?

MagiCoyote
April 10th, 2020, 12:59
I have not been able to join any games. I need to start somewhere.

Availability is Monday and Tuesday from 8pm onward

shezingzh
April 10th, 2020, 14:04
I found that out the hard way. So, before you create a character, you host your own campaign called character creation or whatever. Do not load a adventure module only load the books i.e. PHB, DMs guide etc After creating your character you need to export it. Most of the stuff you need is drop and drag.

Rogue
April 10th, 2020, 14:09
So, I teach FG, I have GMed a lot (since 1987) and am patient with people willing to learn. I usually go the Pathfinder route. But I can teach 5E, it will just be a bit jerky at first. If you guys want, I can help you out. I've got the ultimate and most of the books, so I can help if you want me to.
Just need to figure out the time and system.

Santiam
April 10th, 2020, 14:57
Rogue, im down to play when ever right now. I work for the schools and were all at home at least until the end of May. only have to go in once a week to walk the building and grounds. im partial to 5E myself. never played pathfinder

DungeonDave
April 10th, 2020, 15:23
So, I teach FG, I have GMed a lot (since 1987) and am patient with people willing to learn. I usually go the Pathfinder route. But I can teach 5E, it will just be a bit jerky at first. If you guys want, I can help you out. I've got the ultimate and most of the books, so I can help if you want me to.
Just need to figure out the time and system.

Let's start trying to nail this down -

System I want to learn: 5E (or Starfinder) and FG - to which I am an utter n00b.
Preferred day/time: I'd prefer a game happening M - F with my best days being M, W, F starting after 1630 Hrs Az time (UTC - 7) with a frequency of 1 or 2 sessions/month (to start anyway, I want to play a bit before I figure out if I'm up for weekly)

Weekends are also doable, and I have little in the way of preferences there. I'll just need to see what the group decides and then clear that window with the Mrs.

Hope this helps put in a framework others can build on to get to Day/Time :)

Rogue
April 10th, 2020, 17:25
So a Wednesday at 6 PM EST would work for most everyone? It seems that way. send me a friend request at DarDarJinx#1144 on Discord and we can discuss it further.

TiredOfTakenUserNames
April 10th, 2020, 18:30
Totally new and don't know my asterisk from my elbow, so open to all the help I can get.

DungeonDave
April 10th, 2020, 18:47
We've chatted, I'm in.

Game time is Wednesdays, 7:00 PM eastern (-4 UTC)

I'll keep an eye out here for updates.

shezingzh
April 10th, 2020, 19:17
The question is which system you have most of. You dont need to spend more money than you have to. All you need is someone with 5e essential collections and FG Unity (Ultimate) which allows demo players and people who do not have the books.

Rogue
April 10th, 2020, 19:22
Yep, I have Ultimate and loads and loads of books for both Pathfinder and a couple 5E bundles.
All you need for now is the Demo.
I can also give pointers on DMing and role play.

DungeonDave
April 10th, 2020, 19:40
I have FG classic and would at least like to learn some of it before switching to a new one :P

Rogue
April 10th, 2020, 19:42
Classic is great, as I am still slowly learning to be a bit smoother with Unity. Once I get my groove, Unity will be a great tool. I'm used to classic, so classic is my preferred.

BlueDraconian
April 10th, 2020, 20:34
I've barely used Fantasy Grounds myself, having only downloaded the Demo. It'd be nice to play one day.

Jroy
April 10th, 2020, 20:39
Yep, I have Ultimate and loads and loads of books for both Pathfinder and a couple 5E bundles.
All you need for now is the Demo.
I can also give pointers on DMing and role play.
Is this the pf game you are running?

Earliest I could do would be 9 pm EST as I am PST

Rathar
April 10th, 2020, 20:53
I am totally new, just registered for the first time today. Going to be hosting a preconstruct game next Saturday. Lots to learn this week before then!

MagiCoyote
April 10th, 2020, 21:13
I really would like to join a game so I can learn the basics. I have spend to much time in the message boards looking for group to bounce from one post to another. I can not learn Fantasy Grounds if I can not get to join a game.
I still work 40+ hours a week and need a game on Monday or Tuesday starting at 8pm.
Even it was a dummy game where just learned the buttons and functions that be better than what I am doing now.

End Rant

GunnarGreybeard
April 10th, 2020, 21:29
I really would like to join a game so I can learn the basics. I have spend to much time in the message boards looking for group to bounce from one post to another. I can not learn Fantasy Grounds if I can not get to join a game.
I still work 40+ hours a week and need a game on Monday or Tuesday starting at 8pm.

If I was available one of those days I would offer to help, but my new work schedule (combined with family commitments) only leaves me time on Friday/Saturday nights.

earGO
April 10th, 2020, 23:12
We've chatted, I'm in.

Game time is Wednesdays, 7:00 PM eastern (-4 UTC)

I'll keep an eye out here for updates.

Can I join? I've played a lot in Ad&D 2e, 3,5 and 5ed (and DMed btw)

DungeonDave
April 11th, 2020, 03:52
I sense, based on responses I'm seeing here, that some clarity is needed so I will post up what I think the situation is:

Game systems: D&D 5E running on Fantasy Grounds Classic.
Game Day and Time:Wednesdays, 1800 Hrs EST - Start date: Still TBD
Dungeon Master: Rogue (discord DarDarJinx#1144
Campaign and Setting:TBD By Rogue, game will be run as a game and a teaching tool for FGC and D&D 5E for those who need it.
Players: I have chatted with Rogue on discord and am confirmed in. I don't know and have not seen here who else has chatted and confirmed as "in". I assume that, at some point, a forum page for the game will be set up for the players.

@Rogue - Do feel free to respond and either confirm the above, or set me straight on anything I missed.

Rogue
April 11th, 2020, 10:15
So, just for a bit of clarification. It doesn't HAVE to be a game. I can do a one shot to teach FG, 5E, Pathfinder, whatever. I'm usually free after about 6 in the evening EST each day, I do have regular game on Sunday afternoons, and Saturday morning is pending, depending on how this mornings session goes. If for some reason my new Job orientation Thursday backfires, I'll be available at all times during the day too.

I encourage everyone who wants to schedule something link up with my discord (DarDarJinx#1144) and send me a friend request. Or, alternatively, Just join my Channel and jump in on a one shot or forming game, as I have about three games trying to get filled and needs one or two more players in each. Don't like what you see? you can bow out of the server then.

https://discord.gg/jNCBQHG

My passion is teaching FG and Role Playing Games. I have 6 different RPG that I can teach, plus all iterations of D&D from AD&D 2nd Edition. Some RPGs I know do not have rulesets in FG, but can be worked in other game rulesets with a bit of adjustment.

Games I can Teach: First, and most important. The use of the VTT, Fantasy Grounds.
Pathfinder
Pathfinder 2 (a bit shaky, but possible).
Starfinder (Also a bit shaky but can do).
Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition (LOVE this game)
Twilight 2000
13th Age
Rifts (There is a community Ruleset for it, no books but it works with a bit of work).
Palladium Fantasy (The original Creator fantasy version of Rifts, workable on Rifts ruleset).
AD&D
D&D 3.5
D&D 4th (I'm one of the rare people that liked 4th, house ruled what I didn't like).
D&D 5th (I was a reluctant 5E learner, it's a lot simpler than the more crunchy 3.5 and Pathfinder stuff. But it's popular, so I caved and learned it).

Hope this clears up some stuff.

EDIT: was to add the game I knew and the last sentence.

DungeonDave
April 11th, 2020, 16:47
So, just for a bit of clarification. It doesn't HAVE to be a game. I can do a one shot to teach FG, 5E, Pathfinder, whatever. I'm usually free after about 6 in the evening EST each day, I do have regular game on Sunday afternoons, and Saturday morning is pending, depending on how this mornings session goes. If for some reason my new Job orientation Thursday backfires, I'll be available at all times during the day too.

Good call on the one shot, that should work well as a teaching tool!

Best of luck on the orientation!

Bizmal
April 12th, 2020, 02:57
Ill take new players if it all works out. msg me

Hagenland
April 12th, 2020, 03:58
I'm new to FG and looking for a group of "newbies" to play with and hopefully start a long campaign.

TroyLAHughes
April 12th, 2020, 04:08
I am down to roll. I have been using FGU now for a couple weeks with voice chat on Discord. I have tons of product and currently taking my core group on Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I would be happy to DM or Play any 5e game. Over 30 years playing D&D.

shezingzh
April 12th, 2020, 13:23
FG Classic and FG Unity are not compatible

Uffda
April 13th, 2020, 01:36
Just subscribed to classic today

tasselhoff69
April 13th, 2020, 15:28
present

Radlethor
April 14th, 2020, 01:44
I am a new player looking to learn and play

Jedikia
April 14th, 2020, 02:00
Wet behind the ears, but have purchased FGC and have FGU demo on another drive so either works.

Graylock
April 14th, 2020, 04:49
Hey everyone. For those of you that want to learn FG and get hands on experience with using Fantasy Grounds Classic or Unity, you should check out https://fantasygroundscollege.net/. It is a free tutorial/lesson website that offers live lessons and support. Once you register, you can sign up for classes that are given on their Discord server. It is an excellent community and very helpful to those new to Fantasy Grounds.

Rogue
May 24th, 2020, 10:24
All right, so life threw me a curve ball, ended up driving semi and took me away from the games for a bit. My only DEFINITE day off is now Sunday. I also have weeknights free. I have a Definite planned game, advertised here on the forums, at 3 PM. I would still like however, for the Wednesday evening game with dungeon dave to happen. If anyone else wants in on that time slot, please feel free to let me know.

Sparks285
May 25th, 2020, 04:50
Hello! I just got a license for FGC and would LOVE to join this game if it's still happening. I see most of the posts are over a month old. I'm not new to D&D 5E, but I am a BIG noob to FG. I don't even know how to join a game, really. I assume the DM has to send us info on the game so we can join and make characters?

Anyway, let me know if this is starting up and how to join.

Thnx

Radlethor
May 25th, 2020, 18:36
Keep me posted as to the Wed Possibility. Un fortunately I wont be able to commit to Sundays
Thnx

AWebb85
May 25th, 2020, 19:04
Wednesday is out for me, but if you guys start something up on Mon, Tue, Thu or Fri Evening I would be interested. Anything after 6pm ET would work for me.

esseJones
July 31st, 2020, 00:13
new to fg and little xp in ttrpg. looking for a group to show me the ropes.

shezingzh
July 31st, 2020, 06:38
Ok, I just posted a one shot campaign for fridays at 8pm cst. It is a murder mystery. Go to the forums look under the LFP folder and look for my name an read up on it and see if u like it. If so then PM me.

Lychordia
July 31st, 2020, 14:39
New player looking for games... Discord Lychordia#7202. Mountain Time. At SDCC played several sessions. Willing to learn. Willing to play a character that is needed to fill out a group. Attended a couple of FGC classes.