PDA

View Full Version : Bug? Text widget text sizes appearing extremely small.

StoryWeaver
April 9th, 2020, 18:59
I don't know if this is a bug or something has changed in how text widgets are are being dealt with in FGU compared to FGC code.
So wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the workshop. If it belongs there feel free to move it to the workshop if that would be more appropriate.

But in case it's a bug in FGU, then that's something I wanted you guys to be aware of.

I've been coding a height widget for the 5E Enchancer. The attached image has three screenshots.
The first is with the extension in FGU at a similar zoom and grid size as the third image to the right, which is with the same extension (and code) loaded up in FGC.
The second image is the first one zoomed in very close.

As you can see the height text rendered in the text widget in FGU is extremely small, the output I was expecting was that of FGC in the image to the right.

I've tried of number of experiments with the code and its so far always come out similarly tiny and displaced in FGU and fine in FGC. Hence why I'm starting to wonder if it's a bug.

StoryWeaver
April 14th, 2020, 03:59
I've figured out what was going wrong.
For the text widget to work in FGU I needed to include a fgf file and declaration along with the ttf file and declaration.
Using one of the CoreRPG fonts it started working using code similar to that below as an example. I'm able to define the font size and it shows up correctly on the tokens in FGU.

<font name="height_small">
<fgffile name="graphics/fonts/diemod.fgf" />
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/Noto_Sans/NotoSans-Bold.ttf" name="Noto Sans Bold" size="12" />
<color value="#000000" />
</font>

ps. Could you please move this thread over to the Workshop, as it is not a bug in the end, and it might help somebody else tackling similar issues.